A little help please

Vinny133

It’s day 33 of flower (89 days total so far). Things seem to be going well, very dank and sticky at this point, seems like a positive to me. Thing is, as shown in the pics attached, my girls went through something and I’m not sure what. Some lower leaves look almost burnt and I was definitely expecting a bit more of a stretch after the flip. Things at canopy level seem fine. I have been growing after 2.5 years and am obviously still learning. Have normally had excellent results with this process. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Details:
Durban Poison by EC Genetics
5 gal pots with coco/20% perlite
Nutrients - Dry amendments by Gaia Green Organics, slow release All Purpose, Power Bloom and Worm Castings. Various ratios based on stage of growth, top dressed every 3 weeks.
PH range 6-7 because not using liquid nutes.
320 watt PanthrX Mini V1by Crecer Lighting.
E81BCA5D-2A30-4E8D-A7E9-31705E226CA4.jpeg
53999DFD-ABE5-4591-B1EB-3A102E77D918.jpeg

35D0303A-990C-467F-B2A8-4A78EC60B4E0.jpeg

7725816D-6DE1-473A-8C94-B1A80AE41D88.jpeg

heya friend,, hello from kelowna,,

fine looking plants in spite of the leaves

another coco issue,, so many of those things,, all that you listed out there, btw, i grow hempy , not coco, never have,, but hempy similar,, so, all you listed is on the money,,

cept for one little thing,, and this seems to be the main problem most are having,,

your ph,, it's too high,, coco growers would say get er down to 5.8 max,, i would say a bit lower,, 5.5/6,,

and you need to have you watering down for coco,, looks like you are doing fine,, but watering is critical,, specially in flower,, twice a day or whatever coco growers do

karma sent friend,, stay warm please

heya friend,, hello from kelowna,,

fine looking plants in spite of the leaves

another coco issue,, so many of those things,, all that you listed out there, btw, i grow hempy , not coco, never have,, but hempy similar,, so, all you listed is on the money,,

cept for one little thing,, and this seems to be the main problem most are having,,

your ph,, it's too high,, coco growers would say get er down to 5.8 max,, i would say a bit lower,, 5.5/6,,

and you need to have you watering down for coco,, looks like you are doing fine,, but watering is critical,, specially in flower,, twice a day or whatever coco growers do

karma sent friend,, stay warm please
First, hi from North Vancouver..

I will consider watering daily for sure. They do seem drink a lot considering for their size.
The thing about the ph is a bit of a quandary for me. Most people that use coco use liquid nutes and ph in the range you suggest. Reason I’m higher is I use slow release dry amendments that requirer time to break down with the microbes that develop in the medium from the castings and nutes etc, so can’t be too far into the acid range. I did say that I target the 6-7 range but specifically the 6-6.5 range where the two schools of thought overlap. i have had excellent results in the past staying in this range. Maybe a calibration issue with my ph meter. As I mentioned, the signs seemed to be isolated to an earlier point in time as the canopy looks fine.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

well,, from what i know of coco, which is only from reading,, it must be watered, full nutes, twice a day, in flower,, but,,

@Bill284 knows this stuff,, indeed

karma sent friend

Good morning @Vinny133 great garden my friend.
Hope you are well today.
Add calmag to your feed water and drop the ph to 5.8.
Keep your coco wet at all times.
They will be great. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom