A new book: Newcomers to Medical MJ

TheRev

I have just written a book for medical marijuana newbies entitled, "The Marijuana Virgin: How to Prepare for Your Medical Marijuana Journey." You can find it only on Amazon.com for those just beginning their cannabis journey. As a former Baptist pastor, I never thought I'd be promoting the "demon weed" but my wife who has been in agonizing neuropathic pain for a decade has finally found some relief from marijuana tincture and medicated brownies. Because of my physical ailments, I have been vaping the plant for a couple of years. It has turned out to be a "heavenly plant" given by God for people who suffer and need herbal intervention. This manual will cover every facet of being a medical marijuana user which can at times be a frightening road to walk. For those interested, I would really appreciate your support and a good word. Thanks. For the ReLeaf of all!

Glad to see that your wife and you have both found relief, while changing your opinion on cannabis in the process. The reviews of your book all speak very highly of it, definitely going to pick this one up. I love getting my hands on some good cannabis literature and definitely looking forward to reading it.

Could you tell me more about it? I grew up very anti drug and alcohol and never thought i'd end up here.... Lol! People's choices of what they put in their body, why and when, don't make them a bad person any more than race sexuality, or religion. Wrong and right are not quite as black and white as people think...

I've been asked to do a TV interview and am hashing what message I want to pass on. My ideas lean towards where to start reducing/ replacing meds, then onto chronic pain if time allows. Few people take this seriously, sadly enough. Some guy might think he can dash down them street and pick up whatever pot is popular in the area, and have it cure all. The popular stuff lean towards getting high and seems Sativa Dom or one that makes your mind work and give energy. Imagine if someone with anxiety or PTSD took that? Disaster! These also increase pain and insomnia.I tried OG Kush and it made me miserable, while others love it. Just grabbing any mold strain is more what people will do rather than read up. They use an illness as an excuse to get high, making the medical MJ biz look bad.

I'd like to hear other views before I splatter my own opinions allover the place, while losing any anonymous status I had. I am to share my story, but to me the message will make it worth the fear. My logical approach is to start with meds not needed daily and not for severe conditions. Start to reduce before replace and keep those prescriptions active until there is nom doubt that MMJ can replace that med anytime and anywhere. This might not be wise or possible if you get a giant migraine while on a plane or some other difficult time to medicate. Then move through reducing other medications. Completely replacing a serious medication should be discussed with a doctor. This leads memo the instant quacks out there that approve MMJ instantly and are unreachable and frequently unknowladgeble about Cannabis as a medication. They work at these places for money, not to help people. The ones I have been to don't even know what a Sativa or Indica is and rely on printed handouts to guide patients. This makes each of us the doctor, pharmaceutical company, pharmacy, and patient. Not everyone is ready for challenge or the dangers it can bring. It costs more to see a real doctor who gives recs out of his own practice, but when we get to reducing and replacing meds that are needed daily, for life, having that doc could be very important. At the very least, MMJ users should be up front with their own regular doctor and discuss with them medications to reduce/replace, even if they don't agree with MMJ or like the VA, can't discuss it. If they truly care, they should be willing to test and observe these changes to make sure there is no negative impact.-

Best get off my soap box. Is one of those days! LMK know more about your book! :)

Back
Top Bottom