Aaaahh! I Need Plant Cpr, Asap!

WaVancouver

I was in my greenhouse today when a reflector on the wall fell and damaged my 9 day old plant that was doing just great. It fell and slid (i was there but a few feet away!) onto my plant and damaged the main stem towards the soil. I believe it dented the stem or crushed it a little and the whole plant fell over. I didn't see any breaks or anything. So I stood it upright, but some soil around it, and it's standing up on it's own.

It scared me so bad that i started to shake.

ANY TIPS YOU CAN GIVE ME!? Do you think my 9 day old plant will survive?

If the damaged plant is standing up alone, you have no problems. At worst you have unintentionally 'super-cropped' it by damaging the stem.

My second thought after moments of freaking out were "wow, i wonder if this might turn out to super-crop my plant..." :smokin:

It is standing up and has been since I put some soil around it after standing it back up.

It will be fine. I've had many plants fall over. You can tape the bend or break and support it with a stick in the soil or you can tie a string to the ceiling and attach it to the top of your plant. This will help support it's weight while the break heals. When it heals it will look like it formed a knucle. Not to worry, I'm sure it will be just fine.

Yeapper,
split 'em right down the middle a lot, I do:
15_july014.jpg

Well after a scare a few days ago, my plant seems to be doing just amazing things. It's bushed out a bit and is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom