About to start growing

NatesBaked

hey what's going on, I'm nate. I've been lurking on about 4 forums for about 2 months now reading up on everything from growing to harvesting, and everything in between. I'm thinking of starting a grow but i just wanted to be sure on what i was doing before i started so i don't waste my money. so here are the details:

i want to grow an auto flower to help ease into the growing thing. I've been reading through a lot of auto flower journals and it seems that Lowryder#2, Auto Ak47, and a Lowryder#2 x Auto AK47 beans are the best yields and easiest to grow. along with diesel Ryder. I've been reading al of the seed specifications on attitude and herbies (btw are those my best bet for buying seeds?) and i was thinking of getting something with a high yield and high thc/CBD content. I've seen things like BioDiesel Mass, Maxi Gom, Auto Pounder, but as far as results and shit for the seeds, i haven't seen much. i currently am being evicted from my apartment, so i don't have a specific grow space. my closet here is about a 5x5 space with an extra shelf up top with the bars and support for the hangars so if i wanna add more plants up top or hang lights I'm set. i was thinking of buying a sustainable amount of a strain like LR2 because it grows bushy and i can grow a bunch of them in milk jugs like I've seen. is that a good size for the plant? if so, i can fit about like 30-40 jugs in the room including the shelf. so that's like 40 plants!

for lighting, I've been reading a lot about the cfl and the hps/hid system. i feel like the cfl would be cheaper short run but wouldn't produce as good potency and yield wise. i like the idea of maybe combining a 400watt HID with a few cfls for side and undergrowth. i don't wanna miss any space. i can buy Mylar and the hid light system at a hydro shop close, but it'll be a little more expensive. i am mostly considering a 24/0 light schedule because i felt like Bongtastics guide helped me the most, plus it involved LR2 and getting a good yield.

as far as exhaust and shit, if i do it in an apartment like i currently reside in, i can't do ductwork, or cut holes in the walls and doors. i can also buy a carbon filter at the shop. i was considering buying like 3 or 4 small fans for circulation. i know it's pretty airtight because i hotbox my closet from time to time. would that be a problem? i think it would be fine.

for a medium, i am obviously considering soil more than hydro or aeroponics. i like the idea of moonshine man soil mix (I've been looking hard for the most consistent recipe) but it's hella expensive. i see most people use organic MG or Fox Farm Ocean Forest. i can buy ffof at the shop too. i don't plan on using nutes, i wanna grow organic which is why the option for moonshine mix is looking better.

is this a pretty good idea? I've looked into it and written out more details, but I'm using an iPhone and don't feel like typing too much more. any help is desired and I'm always on here or at least on the phone. ask me questions if there is more i need to think about or let y'all know for details and stuff. anywayssss. thanks! ill make a journal, link it and post pics when i start the op! happy high times.

Re: About to start growing.

Welcome to the forum for my part. Sorry to hear you're being evicted.
My two cents is to start with maybe five seeds (store the rest for later use) and see how it goes. I'm told to forget about CFL's (and LED's for that matter) and to use only HPS and MH lights. The most important thing is to have good lighting.
Regarding yield, you're going to be looking at 0.5 grams per watt at most.
Still, start carefully, experiment around, and you'll find out what works for you. Good luck.

Hi nate and Welcome

I dont know much about auto flower but herbies has great seeds. Im growing a few strains from them right now and I have no complaints whatsoever. My beans arrived from the uk to my door in canada in 4 days. Sorry to hear ur getting evicted. Start your grow at your new place. If your planning to grow 40 plants u'll need way more light than a 400 w hps and a few cfls. Shop around for your supplies. Try ebay and amazon for the parts for your grow. Fans are very good to circulate the air but use a carbon filter with an inline fan for odor and climate control. You'll need something to test EC and ph. And dont discount hydro. Look at hempy buckets. Very cheap to make and easy to maintain. I have had nothing but problems with soil but there are others here who swear by it. I love hydro. I do dwc and hempy.

Good luck

:peace::peace:

Isn't soil more appreciated then hydro when it comes to marijuana?

I guess that is a matter of opinion. Ive grown using both soil and hydro and I like hydro much more for different reasons. I can control my ph and ec better in hydro, its less messy and once you've got your system dialed in it becomes quite easy. I don't think there is any difference in quality when using either soil or hydro however there can be quite a difference in yield. I use 5 gallon buckets for my dwc grow. Thats an awful lot of room for roots to grow and it produces a plant that can yield quite a bit of pot.

well I'm really just looking to figure out my best bets for growing, if i grow an auto ak strain(supposedly the hugest yield, thc, easy to grow, etc), will i get any viable seeds? i won't have a way to keep growing after the first harvest so I'm confused on what to do with that. i only wanna grow like 5 plants for the first time. I'm really stoned right now sorry. also, does herbies send to the us? I'm in the south so yeah. i gotta find a place to ship here.

also, sorry for the double post. but with the auto flowers, is it better for me to do like i currently am by only looking for plants that are auto crossed with autos? i don't know what the chances are of me not getting an auto if it's a reg crossed with auto. and are those "big yield" plants any good as far as smoke goes? and do they really yield like they say? I've seen ones that say they can yield a pound as an auto, others 4 ounces, then others as low as 20 and shit. wtf? so i don't wanna get slid by buying a 20 gram plant. if it doesn't produce a like an ounce a plant ill feel like i did some thing wrong. ill post a few of the potentials in my next post.

update: Possible Seed Choices

these were autos i picked just from scanning thru herbies and then i went to seed finder to help me research the genetics to ensure a proper purchase :D all of them i think are autos crossed with autos. i like these guys each for their own reasons but I'm high and don't feel like typing anymore than i already have. so here y'all go!

*advanced biodiesel mass
Genetic: AutoDiesel x AutoCritical
Yield: 300 - 400 gr./m2
THC: 17%
Indoor height: 50 - 100 cm.
Outdoor height: 100 - 150 cm.
Indoor flowering period: 60 - 70 days
Harvest: From April to November

*ac genetics low diesel
Genetics: LR #2 x (LR x Diesel)
Height indoor: 30 - 70 cm.
Height outdoor: up to 1 meter
Yield indoor (optimum conditions): 350 - 450 gr/m2
Yield outdoor (optimum conditions): 30 - 60 gr/plant
THC: 12-18%

grassomatic maxi gom
(sorry this is in Spanish, my iPhone is fucking retarded. I'm high and can't translate.)
Genetics: Ruderalis/Indica/Sativa
Production indoor: 400-500 m2
Production exterior 60-80 gr/plant
THC: 16/18%
Cosecha indoor: 70/75 days
Cosecha exterior: 70/75 days después de la geminación

*lowryder2
Genetics: Santa Maria x Lowryder
Type: F1 Hybrid
Harvest Date: 9 weeks from Seed
Flowering Period: 6+ weeks
THC Content: 12-14%

*lowryder easy ryder
Genetics: Automatic AK47 x Lowryder #2
Type: Autoflowering hybrid
Harvest Date: 9 weeks from seed
Flowering Period: 6+ weeks
Height: 40-70 cm
Characteristics: Large yielding feminized autoflowering strain.

*7 dwarfs Colossus
genetics: Lowryder 2 & Maxi Gom
Flowering period: 9 weeks from seed
Yield: 55 grams plus per plant
Characteristics: Huge yields on a single cola

*7 dwarfs Titan
genetics: auto blueberry & auto Hindu Kush
Yield: 35 grams plus per plant
Characteristics: Dense blue aromatic buds

*7 dwarfs Trojan
genetics: Lowryder 2 & NYC diesel & Lowryder
Yield: 35 grams plus per plant
Characteristics: Exotic taste. One large cola

wow not a lot of activity huh? well i got the seeds that I'm getting picked out with one exception based on availability when i buy the seeds. i plan on making a full list of all my supplies that i need to help out people in journals later on. but so far here are the seeds!

Titan (Auto Hindu Kush x Auto Blueberry)

Maxi Gom (Auto AK x Auto Critical Mass)

Chronic Ryder (Chronic x Lowryder #2)

Ultra Lemon Haze ([Super Lemon Haze x Sour Diesel] x Auto #1)

Auto AK freebie from G13 (AK47 x Ruderalis)

Back
Top Bottom