Soil to hydro

Jmann69

420 Member
I have an CK Auto Candy Cane that popped 4 weeks ago and I just didn't have room for it. So it's been growing on the sidelines outside for the past week. I've always wanted to learn about hydroponic growing. So I stopped by the local hydro shop and picked up a bucket setup, pump, clay pellets and what not. My auto is about 3 inches tall and I just pulled/rinsed it off gently and transplanted into my hydro setup. Has anyone here tried this before? If so how did it turn out?

Thanks,
JMann

Not to sure how this will turn out, the plant likely would have gotten stressed from the transplant and the changeover. Hopefully it doesnt hermie on you from doing so. I have 2 candy canes as well in hempy's (passive hydro) and during week 4 was when they both started showing sex. When I up-potted them, 1 had gotten stressed and slowed growth right down to next to nothing for a few days. So maybe this is all that will happen to them, they will certainly need their nutrients though being in a hyrdo setup now. Ensure any nutrients you have work with hydro set ups and not just soil or organic. Start out 1/4 strength on nutrients and work your way up. hope this bit of info helps! Let us know how it went.

Done it many time. As log as plants are young it will have very little effect. Just rinse gently don't worry about a little bit of dirt and plant them in your medium.

Back
Top Bottom