Soil to Hydro?

H6251686

Is it possible to take my to 2 soil plants and put them in a hydro setup I have now gotten going. The plants are about 17" tall and 55 days old. They have been under cfls 16/8 and are looking very healthy. I have them in 1 gallon containers. The top 3" is soil, Bottom 8" is perlite. Been feeding them miracle grow.
I am going to start flowering them, and was wondering if anyone has done this. Transfer a soil plant to a hydro setup or will this stress out the plant to much?

The process of removing soil from the roots will damage the microscopic hairs that are necessary for uptake of water and nutrients. In my opinion any advantage you get from hydro will be offset by the stress of moving them, if they don't just flat out die.

I did this in my first grow. I went from soil to hydro. I could not get nutes and ph dialed in and believe it or not (believe it I got the pics) I put them back in soil and have been smoking some nice herb. Check out my journal I got pics of how i washed off the dirt. Good look and be gentle.

BassBong New member new grow
:peace:

Ok, thanks for the info guys. I gotta transfer them to a bigger pot. Just didn't know if it was possible to do that. I'll get bigger pots. :)

I buy potted pepper plants at home depot that are in soil filled peat pots to grow in three GH Waterfarms on my deck outside.
The peppers always do fine. They dont have any kind of adverse reaction to the new hydroton medium or the GH nutes I feed them even though they are still in the peat pot. They just carry on like they were still in soil.:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom