Hydro vs soil

I'm hesitant to mention it, because one hopes your plants are all free of mold, but if they're not, and your lungs are damaged (or if you're especially affected by it for any other reason), that could cause some ill effects when you're sitting with a harvest and spending hours working on the trimming.

I'm not sure how much "traditional effect" a person gets from eating scissor- and/or finger-hash that has not been decarboxylated (the vast majority of the THC will still be THC-acid). But there might be some, possibly a fair amount, and of course there'll be other cannabinoids in it, too. CBN or CBG might make for an unpleasant experience, IDK.

I hope you figure it out, so you can know how to avoid it in the future, though.

BtW, an expert at one way of doing a thing can end up producing better results than someone who's lousy (lazy, inept, et cetera, pick your own adjective) at a different method, even if that latter one is, technically, superior. They can also have more fun (which tends to be part of the reason for their success).
They will have the best results with the method that they enjoy the most. And they will tend to really enjoy the method that they are the most successful at on a regular basis.

I’ve definitely gotten high from trimming. Usually I smoke a lot when trimming so can’t tell anyway, but there are times when I can’t do this for whatever reason - and the high is very obvious. It would also happen to my girlfriend when trimming- who does not smoke and generally reacts badly to the effects. Now she always wears gloves. I used to think it was getting to us by being absorbed through the skin. I was told that it can’t work that way (?). If so the second most likely option seemed to be that we were accidentally eating small amounts somehow.

I’ve definitely gotten high from trimming. Usually I smoke a lot when trimming so can’t tell anyway, but there are times when I can’t do this for whatever reason - and the high is very obvious. It would also happen to my girlfriend when trimming- who does not smoke and generally reacts badly to the effects. Now she always wears gloves. I used to think it was getting to us by being absorbed through the skin. I was told that it can’t work that way (?). If so the second most likely option seemed to be that we were accidentally eating small amounts somehow.
Yaay I'm not insane haha :)

I can back you both up and confirm i get high trimming as well... probably due to the fact i don't smoke weed very much any more, i just love growing it.
I remember making a rollup part way through trimming one crop and underestimated how much oil from my hands got onto the tobacco.... boom! o_O

:hmmmm: You still could be.

They're not necessarily mutually exclusive, lol.

I wonder if some of the terpenes are... evaporating(?) and getting inhaled?

I admit that I've wondered, from time to time, if spending too much time in a room with a "semi-open" grow, like a bedroom closet with the door open, might affect someone's drug test results.

And it just occurred to me that most trim sessions I've had were huge smoking sessions, too, so... I don't have any evidence that trimming, by itself, can't/won't provide a buzz. The concept just... IDK, the mind had trouble with it ;) .

EDIT: BtW, sanity is overrated. It largely just means "this person fits in with the way everyone else in that particular society/group acts/thinks." On the other hand, it's somewhat inconvenient if the voices one hears... are not heard by anyone else :rolleyes: .

Hang on a second mate...
You actually enjoy trimming?
Reading that statement just gave me like 3 months worth of nightmares.
I swear I get stoned from trimming every time. Like a really heavy, skullfucked stoned where my brain turns to mush and loses all communication with the rest of my body.
I only ever smoke at most 2 joint per session. 6 hours tops and I'm always fuckin ruined by the half way point.
Every time. It's fuckin awful :(
Aint it from not being enough o2 in your room? and you stay there long time? So your brain dont get that much o2 and you might start to feel like high.

Back
Top Bottom