Advanced Indoor Soil-based Grow Methods

Urdedpal

NEW, ADVANCED WAYS OF IMPROVING YOUR CANNABIS plants' yield have emerged over the past several years and some methods have become quite popular. The three most common types of advanced indoor growing are SOG, ScrOG and cabinet growing. SOG and ScrOG are ways of growing serious numbers of cannabis top colas. Cabinet growing is a method of stealthily growing several plants in the corner of any room without drawing too much attention to your grow. Although these methods don't have to be soil-based (you can adapt a hydroponics setup to use these methods as well) soil is the most widely used medium in these setups.
The idea behind these advanced indoor grow methods is that, in most cases, the cola is going to produce the most bud so why not try to get that part of the plant to grow really big by creating an environment that concentrates on the top part of the plant? After all, the bottom branches of indoor cannabis plants don't catch much of the light cast from your HIDs.

I've done considerable reading, but next to no hands on experience in growing. I'm doing my first small grow now-about a week along, and very excited about trying everything...so many things, so little space,time,money, lol

It seems to me that "top cola" technique would work well with CFLs. I know there are better lights, but the CFL is the only thing I can use in my situation. I will have to give this a shot...

Thanks to all the growers willing to share their knowledge!!

my book organic marijuana soma style can be purchased at borders books &
its published by quick american isbn 0-932551-68-8

keep it green

the sog and scrog methods are by far the best way to get those big bud yeilds ... since ive done LST grows i can't even bring myself to grow a tree, i cant stand to watch those bottom branches go to waste .... well waste if you've ever LST'd n seen what they potentially are.... ive never put a screen or anything like that over them n called it a technique ... i use "christmas balls " to manipulate the growth rate and keep the canopy even ... its pretty cool to see...
i have no book .... but kudos to you ... it's good to have an expert here...lol

i never thought id do it but i went fully organic with the siol this time n thier doin WAAAY better than any MG grow ive done in the past .... weird the last time i tried somthing different i didn't like it .... schultz organic mix i think it was .... age old organics makes this stuff n it kicks ....any expierience with this stuff anyone??

Yu Gonna Need Some Better Soil To Get Those Big Yields.go For Foxfarms..theyresoil Is The Shit...dont Forget Some Wormcasting To Add To Your Mix.

soma zone said:
you guys have to read my book: organic marijuana soma style it has a couple of good ideas

Might check that out. So its called Organic Marijuana Soma Style?

Is this "the" Soma????????

SOG and ScrOG are great methods when growing with street lamps. but if you use L.E.D.'s the penetration is soo deep it is unnecessary to chop off the bottom of your plant. I find plenty of decent sized buds under the canopy. Although sometimes Ill cramp too many plants underneath one light and and then it's obvious that i should have cut some off the very bottom. I've used L.E.D.'s for a couple years now and I will never go back. The lights are expensive but you are not limited to the space. because of the cooler temps you can overstuff a small room with more than enough diodes to grow the entire vertical space you have available. meaning if you could afford enough lighting for a big enough tent, you can litterally grow 8 ft tall trees with buds all the way down. Picture a sea of green with several layers of L.E.D.'s, creating enough light for several layers of the SOG. This method will be ideal for stealth growers with not a lot of space. The future will realize this and transform into a new wave era of growing. The technology is just too expensive for most growers too handle at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom