Advanced Nutrients "PH Perfect" Technology

FloridaSunset

With Advanced Nutrients "PH Perfect" Technology do the nutes need to be mixed at full strength to activate the technology or can you use a lesser amount and achieve the same goal?

The reason I ask is I'm going to be starting a grow soon and plan on, as advised in the forums here, starting the seedlings out at a quarter strength nute solution and then raising the strength over time as they develop.

I'm kind of assuming that you need to mix the nutes at full strength and then dilute as necessary with PH balanced water to get the solution strength you want. But, we all know what assume means so I thought I'd ask first...

:Namaste:

I'm not very experienced with pH'ing and nutes yet but I did get the advanced nutrients Iguana Grow for my current grow; partly because of the "pH perfect" technology. You may be right that it only works at full strength. I've been using it at about half strength with my tap water and after mixing and letting it sit for five minutes the pH appeared to be about 7.5 on a test strip. I think the pH perfect claim is that it balances itself to 6.0, so something's off. I learned so after my plants keep showing deficiencies which I've accepted must be pH lockout.

So I would suggest still getting something to test and balance the pH manually.

You do not need to mix all nutes at full strenght. I start at 0.5 ml/L Sensi Grow A+B and 1ml/L VooDoo juice. @Versai - I had the same problem, my feed was never 6.0 ph. I did some research and the ph perfect holds the PH in the soil regardless to what your feed is before you add it in the soil. So the point is, in my case, I never water with 6.5 PH, all the time is above 7 and never had issues, never check ph ... plants are ok etc.

I use AN pH perfect GMB (Grow, Micro, Bloom). When the plants are small and you're using 1/4 strength nutes, it will not keep the pH in the correct range, one reason is not enough buffer in solution to keep it at correct pH. The plants will use nutrient solution changing the pH of the water, so when you first start out with little ones, you will chase the pH until they get big enough to use more pH perfect, which will keep the pH in check for at least 5-7 days. When you start running 700-1000 ppm of base nutrients is when the pH perfect really works it's best.

I use RO'd spring water and it settles my pH at 5.6 pH with 18-21 ml of each grow,micro,bloom, I also use a product called "Recharge" it is a super pack of beneficial fungi & bacteria and it will keep your pH in check if you seem like you're chasing it all the time, it's a soil conditioner but I have no trouble running it in DWC by using 1/8th of a teaspoon in a 16oz bottle of spring water, mixing well, and then pouring it over the hydroton around the stalk so it gets all over the roots going down into reservoir where it gets aerated by air stones creating awesome healthy roots, my DWC water is room temp 74-75 (no chiller) and have pearly white roots. Get some beneficials in your soil/reservoir and that will help a lot with pH...healthy roots = big awesome buds :peace:

I use AN pH perfect GMB (Grow, Micro, Bloom). When the plants are small and you're using 1/4 strength nutes, it will not keep the pH in the correct range, one reason is not enough buffer in solution to keep it at correct pH. The plants will use nutrient solution changing the pH of the water, so when you first start out with little ones, you will chase the pH until they get big enough to use more pH perfect, which will keep the pH in check for at least 5-7 days. When you start running 700-1000 ppm of base nutrients is when the pH perfect really works it's best.

I use RO'd spring water and it settles my pH at 5.6 pH with 18-21 ml of each grow,micro,bloom, I also use a product called "Recharge" it is a super pack of beneficial fungi & bacteria and it will keep your pH in check if you seem like you're chasing it all the time, it's a soil conditioner but I have no trouble running it in DWC by using 1/8th of a teaspoon in a 16oz bottle of spring water, mixing well, and then pouring it over the hydroton around the stalk so it gets all over the roots going down into reservoir where it gets aerated by air stones creating awesome healthy roots, my DWC water is room temp 74-75 (no chiller) and have pearly white roots. Get some beneficials in your soil/reservoir and that will help a lot with pH...healthy roots = big awesome buds :peace:

To clarify, that's 18-21 ml for 2 gallons or 9-10.5 ml for each gallon :) :peace:

Back
Top Bottom