Advice needed on curing and storing quantity of cannabis quickly

pointer80

Hello all, well I had some very good beginner luck on my first time grow here in Michigan. I will probably end up with around 16 to 18 pounds of cannabis and I really don't have enough time and help to manacure all the cannabis right now. What is really messing me up is we are getting rain and cold temperatures and starting to get some bud rot also. I plan on drying and then curing in 5 gallon air tite buckets which I will burb a couple times a day. My question is how much do I have to trim the buds before I start curing them in the 5 gallon buckets? Can I cure them with some of the leaves left on then manacure them later when I have more time? Would that mess up the taste or smell? Thanks everyone

There is called wet trim and dry timing. It’s ur personal preference I wet trim I trim off before drying . Dry trim is the opposite and some people say it’s better because u leave the leaves and Nd it helps keep the buds protected.

Pics or it didn't happen. :blunt: Hopefully your ladies didn't float away last night.

The plants will need to be hung and dried for several days before they can be sealed into containers. How many leaves they have doesn't matter, but they need to be under %65 Rh before they go into containers.

Pics or it didn't happen. :blunt: Hopefully your ladies didn't float away last night.

The plants will need to be hung and dried for several days before they can be sealed into containers. How many leaves they have doesn't matter, but they need to be under %65 Rh before they go into containers.
I have started hanging them in a dry room that is staying about 55-60% rh and about 68-69 degrees F. I plan on drying them until the stalks crack and then storing them in 5 gallon buckets with air tite lid. I am also going to use boveda packs just to be safe. I plan on fine trimming at a later date when I have more time. I have had enough rain to last me for some time!

If you let them completely dry for 5 toot be any problems. I myself Trim the buds while they are wet and a second time after they have cured. The second clippings are great for masking extracts for sure.

I meant to return and ask you what you ended up doing, in regards to the trim job?

Back
Top Bottom