Advice on grow room upgrade

progoracle

420 Member
Here is my situation:
I have a small 38 inches X 45 inch grow closet.
I have loads of ventilation.
I have a 430w HPS for flowering and a 400w MH for veg.
I want to upgrade on the cheap my room.
Room is painted flat white.

I thought of 4 options to get better results but i need to chose wisely as money is tight.

Option 1 get mylar or black and white or orca grow film for the walls.
Option 2 get a better reflector than my cheap white angel wing.
Option 3 get a vertical reflector
Option 4 buy about 6 double t8 neons to put around the closet vertically so that i maximize the flowering stage

That do you guys think is the best option to get better yields?

You know people are really nuts about those t5s and t8s! That might be you best option!! I already like the flat white best for the walls!!! I'm using a few cfls to fill in under the canopy myself!!!!

Welcome to :420: progoracle!

Let's see, from the available option to increase yield...

O1: Since you have flat white paint it will do. Getting mylar isn't expensive get it on ebay which can help 5-10% increase.
O2: The cheap white angel wing does well at short distant. If you want to maximize reflection use large reflective hood (air cooled type).
O3: Horizontal reflectors deliver many more lumens than vertical setups, unless your grow is suitable for vertical setup to utilize the vertical lumen spread.
O4: More lights the better. It will not be a big difference but will help nevertheless.

If you have some cash, get CO2 tank and regulator will help you get near double your yield. O1 and O4 is best option for really tight budget, O1,2&4 is best IMO. Good luck on this and let us know what you decide to do.

Will you be starting a grow journal?

Back
Top Bottom