Advice on taking shade leaf?

bud-wizer

ive got some beautiful buds forming now . theyve got about 2 weeks left till harvest . wat is the best thing to do about the shade leafs ? last crop i picked most of them off thinkin it would help the buds get more energy . they turned to hermies i think that is wat was to blame !!! was not impressed as they all looked so beautiful...rite short and sweet of it how many do u think i should take off , if any at all ?and wheres best to take from? please help !!!

Re: advice on taking shade leaf ???

Absolutely, do not touch. If you need more light just tie back a few branches to open up the girls a little bit. Shade leaves are used by the plant till they die ( for energy ) crap huh?

Thats where photosynthesis occurs. Don't want to cut em out. I'm not sure but I think the fan leaves that are closest to the bud sites are the main suppliers of energy for bud growth in that site. If you remove them you are reducing the sites ability to harness the power of the light and produce bigger and better buds.

I talked to someone once who swore by taking off the fan leaves to allow more light to hit the buds. Two or three times throughout the cycle, he would cut the biggest ones off, and he says it almost doubled his production.

I personally feel like the leaves are there for a reason, but I'm willing to try anything that works. Is there anyone out there who has tried to take off the fan leaves? What happened for you?

Picking or taking off any fan leaves in the last 2 weeks of bud may be ok for your situation:
Yes Photosynthesis is derived partly thru them> as with all the leaves on the plant>
For each different strain I have I follow what has to be done> I.e... some of my plants do well with sun leaves removed to allow more light in, those are tied down and branched out horizontal across the bed cover> some remain on until they are turning yellow / purple while in senesense or stages of death.. they look cool too.
If they are picked off in a veg stage I find that it has inhibited or stunted growth at times> Living in an area where the volcano has been erupting for over 20 years and 40 miles away, there is a need to remove the big fan leaves> if winds shift to us we receive an enormous amount of SO2 ( Sulfer Dioxide) that the Volcano emits in plumes and add rain to the equation = (acid rain), this causes some damage on the plant and allows new mold growth on various regions of the plant>
Preference is to leave them on as long as possible to help feed plants with great Photosynthesis.

Back
Top Bottom