Aeroponics Question

masterchi

420 Member
Hi there everybody im new here so bear with me. Im a first grower as well kuch...

I have two dutch passion auto think different seedlings almost over 1half week in rockwool cube and their roots are dangling in a glass teapot now where the netpot fits perfectly its in bottled water of ph6 where the waterline is just below the netpot.....so i dont see the roots rotting yet or anything but i dont know when to put it in the aeroponics system...its called the aerofarm and has two sprayers. because the roots are dangling in the air and the sprayer occasionally hits the netpot with some drops of water randomly so i dont trust this yet does this work for the plant?

I bought an additional aquarium heater and set it on 18celsius and also a airpump with airstone because im not sure it will work.
-How long can you let the roots dry?
-is a temp difference of 24celsius day and 21~22celsius night good?
-My humidity varies a lot from day to day depending its raining outside or not, sometimes when i open the tent door for 1 minute the humidity drops from 70% to 55% and sometimes when its raining outside i leave the tent door open because it can go up to 80% but only when its raining outside

20151006_233854.jpg

sorry i dont know how to rotate the pic

She's good to go into the aerofarm as soon as the roots are coming out of the net pot. You can put her in whenever at this point. You can usually let the roots dry out for a couple hours in an aero system, but you generally want the pump going all the time unless it's heating the water too much.

She's good to go into the aerofarm as soon as the roots are coming out of the net pot. You can put her in whenever at this point. You can usually let the roots dry out for a couple hours in an aero system, but you generally want the pump going all the time unless it's heating the water too much.

Thank you very much for the info. So is this already veg state or still seedling? Im using a eshine 160w growsun led which has three settings for all three stages.

I would still consider it a seedling, but it will need small amounts of nutrients for sure.

I would still consider it a seedling, but it will need small amounts of nutrients for sure.

Its so weird because when i started the seed from rockwoolcube it nearly soaked it to death so i gave it water once every two days and that worked and now im soaking it again with sprayers....so this is really a oxygen problem....the only problem i have now is that the resevoir water reaches 24degrees celcius. Ive put the airpump at the window and it works a bit not enough. Those water cooling units are quite expensive...ah well luckily i have a sativa dominant strain "think different" which they say can withstand a bit heat. Im trying a secondary waterpump in the res to make whirpool like its constant stirring dunno if it will make temps lower or not but works when i wanna cool my coffee hehe:blalol:

Are you seeing some kind of problem?

24c really isn't too hot for a DWC. 21 would probably be better, but it's still pretty close and 26.5c is about when you start creeping into the dager zone when it comes to water temp. Are you using something to keep res growth at bay, whether it's hydroguard, z7, hydrogen peroxide, or anything like that?

20151013_234710.jpg
20151013_234644.jpg
Yeah the middle one has yellow dots but the other one seems fine and has a good color its pointing the leaves at the only white led on the led panel. Oh and im using nothing only a all in one nute for bloom....it says 1ml for one 1liter water and auto adjust ph but i have put 1/4 in it and after that puted some extra ph down what ive seen on other websites it says a water temp of around 18 degrees celsius holds the most oxygen

Did you give them nutrients? What kind? and At what strength?

What's the pH of your res water?

What's the TDS of your res water?

EDIT:
I didn't realize this was an autoflower until just now, I've read that they generally tend to need less amounts of nutrients than photos do.
Do you have a journal going? I would love to sit in on it if you do. Think Different was on my list of autos that I thought about getting. It didn't end up making the cut, but it's really similar to one of the autos that I did get.

Ive got my ph meter just yesterday so im still playing with it yesterday when i checked it was 6.8 or something so ive put some drops of ph down and got it down to 5.4...a little too low bit but whatever these two plants are my test plants...after im more familiar and learned from my mistakes i might do a grow journal hehe btw i dont have a ec meter because well i have a all in one nute so i just do a little doses of 1 or 2 ml per 5 liters while they recommend 1ml for 1liter for full ph control

20151027_231049.jpg
20151027_231145.jpg
20151027_231217.jpg
20151027_231037.jpg
They are 4 weeks and 2 days now.....not really big i must say i have the feeling they are not doing well there the res water is 24 degrees ive removed all the leaves under the bigger middle leaves it because the nodes are so densely packed i dont know if thats normal so ive changed the daily temp to 22.5 ~23celcius until i get a water chiller until then my setup has some problems but i dont see what it could be maybe i should try other nutes because im using a auto adjusting ph all in one nute

Back
Top Bottom