Agents Seize Dump Truck Filled With Marijuana

BluntKilla

A dump truck discovered along the banks of the Rio Grande wasn't dumping trash, caliche or dirt.

Instead U.S. Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol agents say it was being used to haul more than a million dollars in marijuana.

Monday night agents in the area of Los Barreras, which is half way between Roma and Rio Grande City, noticed several rafts filled with bundles of marijuana and a number people returning to Mexico across the Rio Grande.

They saw a car speed away, they also found a dump truck parked near a home. As they got closer to the truck agents say they smelled a strong odor of marijuana coming from the bed of the dump truck.

When agents looked in the dump truck, they found 1800 pounds of marijuana bundled up. The marijuana was valued at $1,502,400.

The dump truck and the narcotics were seized and turned over to the custody of the DEA in McAllen.

Newshawk: BluntKilla - 420 Magazine
Source: KGBT 4, Rio Grande Valley
Pubdate: Oct 11, 2006
Copyright: Copyright 2000 - 2006 WorldNow and KGBT

aw man i would've gone swimming in the dump truck... kinda like how scrooge mcduck swam in his money... i would like to see 1800 pounds of weed in my lifetime

Back
Top Bottom