Almost busted but got away!

I would not worry about legal repercussions from a dash cam. The way I see it, if it is legal to keep surveillance equipment on your personal property, it is legal to maintain a dash cam. It is there in case criminals break in - but that doesnt mean that the arrest footage and audio it picks up wouldn't hurt in court if the police overstep their bounds! I think the prosecution would be reaching to try and suppress under wiretapping statutes - not to say that it couldn't work.

Reminds me of a time when I was younger (16 years ago), we were taking our then dealer to do his pick up.. I sat shotgun while this guy was in the back seat, and the best place to hide the pound was apparently under my seat... now my brother was driving an old malibu with a niceley cracked windshield and we manage to get pulled over for it shortly after doing the pick up.... I think I lost half the water in my body sitting there sweating with a pound under my seat, but he never even asked to search the car of a bunch of teenagers (unusual enough)... there MUST be a god!

Back
Top Bottom