Need some advice for my parents asap

papaduckie

last week my 21 year old nephew was walking down the street and a car pulled up by him and the guy in the car asked if he lived in the area and he said yes then he asked if is name was joe blow (for example) he said yes. the guy then got out and handcuffed him and took him to my fokks house where he lives and said they wanted to search it. cuz they said they knew he was dealing mj my folks were not home and no search warrant was shown and my nephew let them in as he was scared. they came in and started to search the house asking where the money and mj was my nephew said he has no money or mj. during all this my folks came home to find cop cars in driveway and the house was locked up with the law and nephew inside. to me this was an illegal search and the law did not even get permission from my father the homeowner to search and never showed a search permit.
does my father have the right to sue the law enforcement for this unlawfull event?
any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated

If he granted access to the cops then they get to use any evidence they found. You'll definitely need to get a lawyer to work through how they were granted access to the house. Doubt that you will have any recourse. This should be used as a lesson to you and others including your nephew. Under NO CONDITIONS EVER TALK TO POLICE!!!! If you're not driving you don't have to produce any ID, you have no legal obligation to say a single word to the cops and DON"T. Because this is always what happens. They use whatever they find to arrest you and persecute you. When confronted by officers your first question should be, Am I being arrested? If they say no then the next question should be, Am I free to go? If they say no then the next thing out of your mouth should be, I wish to talk to an attorney. Its that simple. Answer no other questions, never make a single statement about what or where you're going or doing because its none of the cops business. DO NOT GIVE THEM AMMUNITION TO USE AGAINST YOU IN A COURT.

States vary on there privacy laws. Washington, which is one of the most liberal states in the country, have very good laws protecting your privacy. Its important for everyone to know what there rights are and how to use them. If you live in a racist biggoted state, like say Texas, leave. Its not worth the risk living there.

Back
Top Bottom