Amateur doing good. I THINK

Sparkie420

Hey All, Found this site a couple days ago and had to join.Have read many different ways of growing. Here's mine. Outdoors,full cycle,mother nature style.This is 2nd year. 1st year only 2 plants,lucky both were females. Clipped alot so not much left at the end.I know,STUPID,leave the buds alone.Well I let bye gones be bye gones,water under the bridge. 2nd year,from start to now. Started 25 seeds on paper towel,water,covered with saran wrap in dark closet.Had germanation in 2 days,but let stay one more until a little biger.4th day planted in little individual plastic cups.I live in Texas,so we have alot of heat and humidity.Plants are in direct sunlight all day,so plenty of it for the vegetative process.One plant fell off picnic table and I noticed it the next day.Just picked it up and let it grow.Turned out that the stem had got injured,because instead of splitting in two,it went to 3.This plant then took off like crazy.Had another that wasn't growing at all.Had about 6 leaves on it.They were pretty big and fat for the size of the plant,about 3 inches tall,so I decided to keep it.All the others were close to a foot tall.All plants were water 2 - 3 times a day.As it got hotter,I would just look and water if needed. Seemed that some were needing 3 or 4 times and some only 2 - 3. If I saw any sign of wilty leaves,I watered for sure.Went out of town for 2 days.Had friends daughter water while I was gone.She done good.In that 2 days,that little plant that wasn't growing like the others,had a growth burst.It was now almost as tall as the others.How could that happen in 2 days? Within a weke it had some big leaves on it.I'm optimist,and I was hoping all my plants were female.I gave plants away and I ended up just kepping 7 myself.By the way,Germnation was 1st week March,in soil by 2nd week and letting mother nature do her thing.Jump ahead.June. All plants look good.Have been pinching the tops so to get the split.The plant that fell and went to 3 branches is at this point about 1 1/2 feet wide,and about 2 1/2 feet tall,bushy as hell,and I'm thinking fat female,lot of buds.Grow spurt plant has produced fat long leaves.I took 2 and ironed them between wax paper.I did this actually 2nd week of May.They have 9 finger,(that's what I call them,LOL) each, and the biggest has the middle finger 5 inches long and 1 1/4 wide.Big leaf,I think.Since then leaves have been smaller and with 0nly 5-7 fingers each.2 plants started dying,for what reason I don't know.I think maybe the dogs were urinating on them. Pulled them,dried them out and smoked them.Some times I got high,sometimes didn't.Don't know why,it was all mixed. I know I'm leaving out things,like I transplanted all plants into larger containers as they grew.All are in a pots 12-15 inches wide and 10-15 inches tall.All I did as far as nutrients was regular potting soil,and twice a month a little bit of miracle grow plain plant food.Just kept pinching tops as to get wider,thicker plants.All 5 remaining plants are looking good at this point,especially,growth spurt.Ok,now how they look today.The plant that fell ( we'll call it the Fall Guy),is now 5ft tall and 3 1/1/2 ft wide.Everytime I pinched a plant,I dried and smoked.Got stoned from every plant.At this point I can tell what's male and what is female.The Fall Guy is just that,a male.It has the pollinating sacs all over,I'm so disappointed.The Growth Spurt plant is a JEWEL. SHE has buds every where.She is 3ft tall and 3 feet wide.Not real bushy,but has alot of branches with anywhere form 10- 35 buds a branch.All in all about 500 buds.When they 1st started,I clipped the tops of the buds just to see if I got high.Did I ever.At this point,the buds are 1-2 inches long.I have cut some once a week to sample.I know,LEAVE IT ALONE. To hard to when I see how good they are.I can't say what kind of strain,cause I don't know.All seeds just from clollecting from all kinds of weed. Took out the ones I tought looked good,ie,tiger stripped,big,dark,light,etc. As for my other 3 plant,one is definately male also.Has the ball sacs.Now I understand you can have a hermaphrodite plant,both male,and female together.They would have 2 pistils and 2 ball sacs instead of 4 of one kind,at the points where the buds would be.2 have that.More pistils than sacs,yet neither has any buds.My theory is that they will not bud if they haven't already.Bottom line,I have one great female of a strain I don't know.She really is BEAUTIFUL.Red hairs,purple color,glistening and smells friuty,almost grapeish,blueberryish.Hard to describe.Yesterday I moved her out of dierect sunlught.She gets morning sun until around 11am and then the sun is blocked by the house until around 3pm.Sunset around 7:30.I hope this isn't going to be to much of a shock to her.I don't know though.I hear about shocking,but I don't really want to hurt her.The others are still in sun.Still hoping 2 will bud,is it still possble?I don't have a camera on my comp. or a digital camera,so I can't post pics.Does anyone have any comments on anything I told you here.Would love to hear anything,positive or negative.Thanks all and keep SMOKIN. :allgood: :smokin:

Stix said:
holy hell, that's way to much to read at one time bro.
I don't think you'll "shock" the plant by it being shaded for 1/2 the day. I would suggest full sunlight as much as possible for optimal results.
LMAO,I know it was alot,but just trying to paint the whole picture.I still could've written more,LOL.Full sun is what I thought I should do,especially because she is doing so well. I'll leave it a week or so and see if I see any difference. Thanks for the imput.

your plants will be ready to harvest when about 75% of the hairs and turned color.....and the trichomes are about 50 to 75 % cloudy.sounds like with red hairs it might be just about time. and they need that sunlight to produce ur buds. 12/12 flowers until harvest time.

As I stated,I'm in Texas and I won't harvest until after the 1st freeze,or around Dec. Not going to take early,bigger better buds to those who wait.I wouldn't think any plant outdoors would be harvested already,even up north,because the weather conditions are still good.

shouldn't be too much of a strain on her .. movin' stress

"My theory is that they will not bud if they haven't already"
Hold on there buba, they ain't all the same strain, right?
could just be a late/longer flowering strain.

I try to wait till the Trichs are 70-80% golden myself.
But sometimes ya' just can't wait (smrk)

Welcome to the site...
From Texas myself(born and raised), just don't live there now :)

Back
Top Bottom