what am i doing wrong

e-maestro

howdy all. i have a few plants in a cupboard, there is a fan blowing on them and one of the cupboard doors stays open a bit for air and the room is pitchblack all the time.
i have the plants under 3 4ft flouros 1 warm heat 2 cool. i know this is not enough light for them when they are flowering and wen that time comes i will get the proper lighting. the light as u can see from the pics is hanging a few inches above the plants and i have 2 more pots a bit lower down. this evening all pots will be the equal height as i put in new shevles.

i have resiviors for the plants and make sure they are always full of water and i water my plants when the top layer of soil is dry, every 2 days.
i also gave them a small small amout of trace chemicals in the reseviors one day.

2 probs. my plants are about 2 weeks old and im not sure if they are small for the time theve been growing and it seems the leaves on some of the plants are turning yellow. it is only happening to the plants that are sitting higher, is my fluros to close to the plants.

i have pics but am not sure how to post them. pls help
cheers for any help given, suggestions also would be appreciated.

^^^Agreed, and if you're doing a soil grow, you're probably letting them stay too wet by keeping the resiviors full at all times. MJ likes it's soil to dry out a bit between waterings. And, you can't get to close w/fluoros. My last 2 grows, the lights were literally touching the plants most of the time w/no ill effects.

here are the pics

cheers for your info on uploading pics here they are. so my problem might be too much water hey.

DSCF0956_Medium_Web_view.jpg

DSCF0955_Medium_Web_view.jpg

hope these pics help wit my problem sorry there are no close ups of leaves will get some 2nite.

cheers

these photos were taken yesterday i take it by asking that question these plants are small for there age yeah ? if so why are they small ?

cheers for the help ppl. im using coco peat in the pots. i will move the light closer and move all to the same height. should i buy some more fluros and should they be warm or cool heat.

cheers

Yellow leaves are either a lack of nitrogen or and iron, baby plants do not need fertilizer, although if you get ahold of some stuff called Start up... it's a very low amount of NKP but enough to keep em growin well... as a whole...seeds should pop within 3 to 5 days if they are fresh... from the time it pops out of the soil... about a week to make it to the second set of nodes...

Alan @ ABC:bongrip:

i want to thank you all for your help. i went to my local hydro shop and sorted my shit out 1 by getting a proper grow light insted of fluros, just a word of warning peeps. i went into 1 hydro shop close to my house and felt the guy was trying to up sell. i wanted a small closet set up and he was trying to get me to make a bigger set up then required.
he seemed like a young stoner dude so i asked if he knew of any local growers. he said he did. then he asked how many pounds i wanted......
now i didnt know him from a bar of soap and hes offering me pounds of weed .. i think not.
i did some enquiries into other hydro shops around my area and when found a credible 1 owned by a fellow stoner and spoke about this guy offering me pounds of weed the shop owner knew exacly which hydro shop i was talking about and said that he had a few costomers come through and say the same thing about this dodgy shop. he even said 1 guy as soon as he got the stuff home cops raided his house. luckily he had no plants at the time.....

just thought id pass this info onto you all .....stay safe...

I went to a local hydro store and felt pretty creeped out- like I was the only one not planning to grow tomatoes. I like to grow tomatoes but only when there is room b/c I only have less than 3 cannabis plants!

I bought the HPS fixture I have online at insidesun.com I think it was about $120 all told including shipping. 400 Watts, perfect for the small closet area I have to deal with! The four plants in this space are exploding!!

I hope insidesun has wrinkled out his customer service and shipping problems. I tried 3 different times to buy stuff from him over the years and every time I got screwed over. The last time was for a 120.00 four foot light rail. I ordered it and he took my money right away. 3 weeks later and no word at all I email Mike and ask him whats up. He says he sent it but can't find a tracking number. Well after a month and a half and no product I demand my money back and this guy doesn't want to give it back. He says the rail is back ordered and I will get it as soon as he gets it. I remind him of his previous email saying he sent it already and he immediately demands I stop emailing him as he feels I'm harrassing him. He's got my money and had it for 45 days and I'm harrassing him because of 3 emails and 1 phone call. I told him I would stop "harrassing" him once he sent me my money back. Needless to say...it still took another monthy to get a refund. I will never even attempt to order from him again or suggest to anyone else that they do it either.
I know a lot of growers have had great results and there 1000's of good reports but if you look around at other forums and search out insidesun you will find just as many complaints about the site. IMO it's a hit or miss chance with doing business with them. Get Mike on a good day and all is great, but...lol

I may be just lucky but I had no problem at all.

Sorry to hear about your debacle. This is the only time I have bought lighting other than cash+carry.

Back
Top Bottom