What am I doing wrong?

I normally do the wet - dry cycle. The big container is too heavy so I do have a dip-stick to check with, the 5 gal bucket is easy to tell. The square 8 gal container is a bit tricky when she has a full grown plant in her, so again the dip-stick comes in handy, my problem has bee in order to not over warter I've been trying push it to the limit. But then end up having a seizure and in the hospital and they get too dry

20230511_090637.jpg
You need to read @Emilya Green’s thread on how to water a potted plant. It’s prolly saved thousands of plants from being watered incorrectly. CL🍀

I'm working getting some roots organics terp tea bloom. Love the idea of wetting the soil first.
If either of the Terp Tea products are sprinkled on while the soil surface is dry then the powder will also stay dry. Being dry like that makes it hydrophobic and while being watered the water flows off and it takes a lot longer to get the tea into the soil.

It could be top dressed and then the soil surface could be stirred up but that is not always easy to do once the plant sends out a lot of surface roots.

If either of the Terp Tea products are sprinkled on while the soil surface is dry then the powder will also stay dry. Being dry like that makes it hydrophobic and while being watered the water flows off and it takes a lot longer to get the tea into the soil.

It could be top dressed and then the soil surface could be stirred up but that is not always easy to do once the plant sends out a lot of surface roots.
Thanks for the lesson on how to apply Terp Tea. It all helps.

Thanks for the lesson on how to apply Terp Tea. It all helps.
It started off after I had called Roots Organic and talked to the rep for the state of Michigan. I had a couple of questions about using their Elemental product which was the dry version of a Calcium & Magnesium additive. Towards the end of the call he asked a couple of questions and then mentioned a few tips on using the Elemental and other Roots Organics dry products that he and other reps had started doing.

I try an keep the top inch or 2 lose so I can stir in the top dressed dry nutes. I also water very slowing the big container it gets 1 gallon of water a 1/3 at a times spread out over the day the first 1/3 goes in real slow starting in the middle and slowly working around the base of the plant. I try an water without any run-off if I'm slow enough I can do it... well maybe like a teaspoon or 2

These 2 are supposed to be the same breed (or so I assume) they were in the same lil baggie. The taller is in new soil for 3 weeks now I added some Stonington plant food and some terp tea to both last watering and have seen some Improvement, the only I can think of that could have caused this is improper watering. I was in an out of the hospital for 3 weeks and I think I was under watering. in my state of mind the fear of over watering I may have under watered. Any thoughts suggestions as always is very welcome

20230413_163450.jpg

20230510_055704.jpg

20230511_063311.jpg

20230511_063225.jpg
Phosphorus deficiency prob from a ph that is around 7 ...do slurry test and check ph of soil if its above 6.9 add a small amount of peat moss to topsoil and water with 6.3 ph water ...should see uptake of phosphorus within 3 days leaves will darken up ....also feed with 2-8-4 down to earth box nutes . This should clear up ur issues...a week after that u need to water with cal-mag

Back
Top Bottom