What am I doing wrong?

Canachris

These 2 are supposed to be the same breed (or so I assume) they were in the same lil baggie. The taller is in new soil for 3 weeks now I added some Stonington plant food and some terp tea to both last watering and have seen some Improvement, the only I can think of that could have caused this is improper watering. I was in an out of the hospital for 3 weeks and I think I was under watering. in my state of mind the fear of over watering I may have under watered. Any thoughts suggestions as always is very welcome

20230413_163450.jpg

20230510_055704.jpg

20230511_063311.jpg

20230511_063225.jpg

Same parents but different pheno….

For your next run maybe consider eliminating the pendulum swings of underwater / overwater, jump on board either Azimuths SIP thread or Carmen Rays SWICK thread. I’m running a few of each style and will never go back to chasing the old wet dry cycle all thru veg. With SIP or swick the water is in the res- let the plant figure it out! They grow some beasts in both styles…but im still kinda newbie to this tech

you can do a DIY build so it’s defs low cost, just be sure to add extra aeration (40% perlite, pumice or rice hulls) to your soil mix. Both are fast moving threads but don’t worry about that, start at page 1 to get all the basics down. In veg you barely need to tend the plant cuz it sips very slowly and that’s ok. But in flower the plant guzzles the water…

looks kinda like light bleaching… maybe overwatering, but need more info on your water habits. How much volume, how often, what prompts you to add more… etc, etc

for now you would do well to learn to use kitchen bbq skewers as cheapie moisture meter. Get the fat ones & poke into soil at an angle so the pointed tip hits bottom of container directly under center of rootball… leave in place for an hour and your soils moisture level will be recorded on the wooden dipstick… you can literally see and feel moisture on the stick. Please note - a dipstick must hit the bottom of your container to be accurate.

I normally do the wet - dry cycle. The big container is too heavy so I do have a dip-stick to check with, the 5 gal bucket is easy to tell. The square 8 gal container is a bit tricky when she has a full grown plant in her, so again the dip-stick comes in handy, my problem has bee in order to not over warter I've been trying push it to the limit. But then end up having a seizure and in the hospital and they get too dry

20230511_090637.jpg

have you gone through em's watering tutorial ?

it's a guess but it looks like it may have been overwatered, washing the nutes out as you go, and likely choking the roots, possibly causing some root issues as well.

I normally do the wet - dry cycle. The big container is too heavy so I do have a dip-stick to check with, the 5 gal bucket is easy to tell. The square 8 gal container is a bit tricky when she has a full grown plant in her, so again the dip-stick comes in handy, my problem has bee in order to not over warter I've been trying push it to the limit. But then end up having a seizure and in the hospital and they get too dry

20230511_090637.jpg
You should definitely consider the sip swick or even a soil bed!

I did sips my last grow and now use soil beds.
Since health is a concern soil beds may not be as practical but can still be done with 1 bigger pot as opposed to multiple smaller pots.

It’s impossible to overwater or underwater a sip for that matter.

And it’s a lot easier to get watering right, on a larger volume of soil.
Plus if god forbid your health is an issue you’ll have a better chance at getting back to a larger volume of soil in time before it’s “under watered”

Couple of things to consider…

have you gone through em's watering tutorial ?

it's a guess but it looks like it may have been overwatered, washing the nutes out as you go, and likely choking the roots, possibly causing some root issues as well.
It was actually under-watered, I lost track and didn't water when I should have then I got home from the hospital and was too wacked out to know what to realize and when I did water I only gave each 1/3of a gallon. Then next day wound up in the hospital again and thought the plants got watered they will be ok... it's nit easy keeping track when your brain is malfunctioning.

I lost track and didn't water when I should have

a calendar or spreadsheet on the door of the grow space might help with that. i did a little volunteer stuff with seniors and it was one of the strategies that worked well.

Hey Blut, I do when I think of it mark things down on my calendar. My problim is that for days after a seizure I lose memory of the past few days. Back on April 15 and 17 I had back to back seizure, one while in the hospital then a week later I had 2 more back to back so I was just at a total loss as to where I was in this grow. Even tho I try to make entries every day to keep trac of what I'm doing, I also have difficulty with reading comprehension and as soon as I read or check my journal it either makes no sense or i forget it as soon as I've read it. Also the meds I'm on have me wanting sleep 20 hrs' a day. But I can make thru this grow no matter how difficult ❤️

Hey Canachris,

For the yellowing leaves, I'm gonna guess iron and/or sulfur deficiency on this one. I think N deficiency would show lower down. A kelp meal top dressing or tea would provide both. Color of green leaves is a little pale, so perhaps some additional N is also in order – but both iron and sulfur are involved in use of N.

1684310311859.png

For the yellowing leaves, I'm gonna guess iron and/or sulfur deficiency on this one. I think N deficiency would show lower down. A kelp meal top dressing or tea would provide both. Color of green leaves is a little pale, so perhaps some additional N is also in order – but both iron and sulfur are involved in use of N.
It does look like what your are mentioning. What is showing in those photos could be the beginnings of a Potassium (K) deficiency which usually starts near the top of the plant. A nitrogen (N) deficiency usually starts lower down in the canopy or can be seen in the green leaves as a pale yellow mixing in.

Mixing some Kelp meal into the next watering will be a boost to the plant. Adding some source of Nitrogen at the same time will help.

I added some Stonington plant food and some terp tea to both last watering and have seen some Improvement, the only I can think of that could have caused this is improper watering.
I do not know about the Stonington but if the terp tea is the one from Roots Organic called Terp Tea Grow that is going to be really helpful. It has a good dose of Nitrogen plus it includes a decent amount of Calcium and Magnesium at the same time. Use a liquid Kelp product or a Kelp meal tea to get some Potassium into the soil.

What I have started to do when adding Terp Tea Grow or their Terp Tea Bloom is to water the soil and let it soak in for an hour or so. Then I top dress with the Terp Tea to match whether the plant is in flowering or still in the vegetating stage. The top dressing is done by taking a teaspoon of the powder and slowly tapping the spoon while moving it over the damp soil which sprinkles it on. The powder absorbs some of the water from the soil, becomes damp itself and will slowly dissolve into the soil over the next several watering sessions. The slowly tapping of the spoon is just like the way I would help my mother sprinkle powdered sugar over cookies, donuts or cakes.

any ideas as to why her stems and upper stalk are so red/purple
Magic :)? It can be a deficiency but more likely it is genetic and a natural part of the plant's growth.

It can also be a side-effect of the lights, especially LED lights, and especially if the LED lights have a good amount of red diodes or are one of the blurple type.

Back
Top Bottom