Flushing organic grow

Canachris

I have tried to keep this an all organic grow. I haven't flushed her yet. I water very slow and get very little runoff. I'm in coast of Maine Stonington blend and was giving her roots organics terp tea 7 1 1. 2 weeks ago I started blooming nutes Bio thrive 2 4 4 and FF open sesame 5 45 19 ,and I gave her some of the terp tea it seems to have helped with her color. I get very little runoff, maybe 2 or 3 tablespoon fulls. Should I flush her at some point. This was her 3rd feeding of bloom nutes

20230111_072050.jpg

20230111_065152.jpg

Thanks O13, In veg it was feed, water,feed water... but since flip it been weak nutes , strong nutes, an so on. For weak nutes it's the bio thrive 2 4 4, for the strong its the bio thrive with the FF open sesame and the terp tea sprinkled on top of the soil. She was looking a bit yellow but the strong newtz seem to have gotten her nice an green again

Here her in sunlight, she look much greener
Nice looking plant. It is amazing just how good plants, and even people, will look when photos are taken in natural sunlight.

Should I flush her at some point.
So far in the discussion over flushing it seems that the consensus is that flushing is not really necessary in organic or soil grows. I understand the side that says that the plant dictates what it needs so it is hard to have a buildup of the salts from the nutrients. But your use of the three fertilizer products mentioned might have an influence as far as your grow goes.

There is a lot of Nitrogen going into your current feeding program or schedule even staggering what you use and how often. The Terp Tea Grow is for the vegetating stage and half or more of the Nitrogen listed is water soluble if I remember right. The Open Sesame is not organic and I believe all the Nitrogen is water soluble. I also believe that the other ingredients in the Open Sesame are water soluble and non-organic sourced. I have no idea on the Bio Thrive Bloom but would not be surprised if it was all water soluble. At this point you might not know whether a flushing is needed until the plant starts to show signs that there is too much nutrients going in.

All that Nitrogen might be why the plant looks like a rich green color. Generally many botanists and commercial & non-commercial growers feel that too much N will cause more leaf and stem growth instead of flowering and fruiting growth.

One other point is that Roots Organic is making sure that many of their fertilizer blends add Calcium and Magnesium for the plants. Using the Terp Tea Grow and Bloom blends depending on whether the plant is in vegetating or flowering stage pretty much means that the gardener does not have to worry about a supplemental dose of Cal-Mag.

Thanks smoke, I thought I was under feeding her in veg and she looked very pale so I was over doing the nitrogen on purpose. The open sesame says can be used in organic grows, not sure what they mean by that. I don't get the water soluble, aren't all nutrients your adding to water, water soluble ? Sorry but I'm a dirt farmer the technical stuff makes my head spin. but she does look better an she's stretched 7 inches in a week an has little buds everywhere 😊

I don't get the water soluble, aren't all nutrients your adding to water, water soluble ?
If the fertilizer that is added to water is a liquid then it probably is 100% water soluble. I look at it as if the stuff is already dissolved and that mixing it into water dilutes it down to a level that will usually not harm the roots or the plant. What worries me about using some of these per-dissolved mixes is that it is easy to give the plant more than it can handle in one watering session, especially when mixing one or more brands or types.

Powder or dry nutrients that are added to water and then poured on the soil or soil-less grow media are not necessarily water soluble. Some of the stuff might dissolve right away but there can still be some left that will be eaten by the micro-organisms over time and the nutrient released that way.

The open sesame says can be used in organic grows, not sure what they mean by that.
My bottle of Open Sesame does not say that. There is a line that says it can be used in soil-less, soil and various water or hydroponic growing methods. There is the dosage part on the label that has the recommendations for soil. No mention of organic that I can find.

Nor is there an endorsement or certification from one of the national organic programs. Fox Farms is one of the first companies to come out with a line of products that were specifically for better growing of Cannabis. It has some great fertilizer mixes for growers but not all of their products have been certified as organic input.

That was part of the reason I started using the different products from Roots Organic. Everything I was looking at was certified organic input by some organic program.

Thanks for the 411 smoke, my damaged brain has a hard time getting facts straight. I saw this and misunderstood ," for use in soilless mixes, (organic soils),hydroponics, and aeroponic systems " . Unfortunately all I have for flowering nutes are the bio thrive and the FF trio. I don't think the bio thrive on its own is enough. But I'm hoping the combination will give me some decent buds. again thanks for your help, I know I've gone all thru this with past grows it's just not easy to recall

20230112_110227.jpg

I pretty much agree with everything being said here.
My only suggestion would be for future grows use a much larger pot like 20+ gallon and with the proper soil you could just add nothing but oxygenated water with maybe a little aloe vera and Yucca extract , a little Bokashi to start the engine up.
A good top dress of some Craftblend right before flower and just keep the soil moist.
In a good organic grow there should be zero reason to "flush" anything and with a large enough pot there should be all the nutrients the plant needs anytime it needs it.

I saw this and misunderstood ," for use in soilless mixes, (organic soils),hydroponics, and aeroponic systems " . Unfortunately all I have for flowering nutes are the bio thrive and the FF trio. I don't think the bio thrive on its own is enough.
My bottle does not have the "organic" on the label like yours shows. My bottle might be older. Maybe Fox Farms is just saying that it will not damage organic soil mixes if used according to the doses listed for soil.

How did I forget this ? Guess my brother was rite when he called me a dummy, sux losing ur memory
I know you know this, but I'm gonna say it to you anyway. You are NOT a dummy for losing your memory. It is not something you chose, or want, or appreciate in any way.

Just because it makes your life more difficult, does not mean it makes you dumb. You still have all the smarts you ever had, you just are having some trouble accessing those boxes in the storage space, that's all.

Don't put yourself down.
/Hugs from over here in MI.

I know you know this, but I'm gonna say it to you anyway. You are NOT a dummy for losing your memory. It is not something you chose, or want, or appreciate in any way.

Just because it makes your life more difficult, does not mean it makes you dumb. You still have all the smarts you ever had, you just are having some trouble accessing those boxes in the storage space, that's all.

Don't put yourself down.
/Hugs from over here in MI.
Thanks sueet, my brother says it lovingly. and I try keep things upbeat by putting myself down. I guess you never imagine theses things happening to you. I've had "senior -ites" for a while and got use to it. don't know where I was going with this. But thanks for the support

Im bro science for sure. 😂 Not a hard flush but water only for the last 10 days with 20% runoff.

Still have about 250ppms on runoff until harvest so there is still a little bit of nutrients in the soil.

I'm in promix hp with Maxi nutes and noway I'm blasting nutes towards the end of cycle.

Organic soil no need to flush imo but I would still water the last week.

Try both ways and see if you like it, experience it instead of reading it.

Back
Top Bottom