Flushing question

Crookedfinger

First timer here. I think I am extremely close to harvest. I will post pics tomorrow of trichs. I have read I need to flush with plain water no nutes or anything for 2 weeks prior to cutting her down. Is this right? I am growing in Fox Farms soil in 3 gal pots and using the full line of FF nutes under 600 w HPS. I believe the strain is white widow but don't know for sure so I'm calling her Murdock. I have achieved way better results than I ever thought possible on my first grow and don't want to f%^* it up at the very end. If I want a nice high that will give me a nice kick in the pants but not put me to sleep 2 hours later at what point do I let the trichomes get to before I flush so they are where they need to be in 2 weeks (or whatever the proper schedule is) after she has used up all the remaining nutes and achieved the proper amber to cloudy ratio?:thanks:

HeyCrookedfinger, you need to flush it through with 3-5 times the size of the pot the plant is in. You obviously dont throw it all in in one go. Just water it the same volume as you are currently feeding until you've give it say 9-10 gallons, which could usually take about 2 week. If you need to harvest a bit sooner it wont matter too much just make sure its had a few water feeds at least first.
I good indication is to check the colour of the water in the run off, if it running out clear then most of the nutes will be gone, let it drink that an then harvest.
I think the trich stage your looking for is about 60% amber isnt it. Just start the flush when you see like 20-30% amber should be flushed by 60%.
Aaaw Lucky bastard this is one of the best time isn't it? All the best hope it some Chronic smoke.:goodjob::tokin:

If you want a more up high start flushing at 90% cloudy, then a week or so later you will only have 10-20% amber and it will be a more up high.

I do this with my sativa doms. My indica doms i usually start flushing at 10% amber. That's just my personal preference though. Helps me close the gap in flowering time between the two. If you want a sleepy "couchlock" high, let it amber even more. Good luck with the harvest! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom