What am I doing wrong?

those seedlings can live in water for weeks- it’s not nutes- maybe your roots are too wet. I actually took my hands and grabbed up the surrounding soil and moved it to a dry soil pot as i flooded my pot too bad. Or drive a screwdriver down in soil to bring air down - If it’s a moisture stall

Did you test the soil pH before planting?
Since this soil contains compost, there is a chance that it is simply too hot for seedlings.
Did the soil smell rancid in anyway? Did your hands get a warm sensation while potting them?It should smell only like soil if it is composted correctly and not put off heat.

What is your water source? Any info you can give on how you prepare your water for the plants may be helpful.

Did you test the soil pH before planting?
Since this soil contains compost, there is a chance that it is simply too hot for seedlings.
Did the soil smell rancid in anyway? Did your hands get a warm sensation while potting them?It should smell only like soil if it is composted correctly and not put off heat.

What is your water source? Any info you can give on how you prepare your water for the plants may be helpful.
I'm using bottled spring water pH'd at around 6.4, and the soil doesn't smell rancid and no warm sensations

I grew some white widow from crop king a while back and had problems with slow growth also. Be patient and they should do fine.

Attachments

• 20170603_013057.jpg
    20170603_013057.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 28
it's about 6.56
How did you take your run-off?
After the plant completely drained?
Or did you take the run-off from when the plant first started to drain?
What was the pH of the you used to do the test?

Only thing I can think of is overwatering early on, we have seen a lot of genetics that "stall" out in the seedling phase for no apparent reason. Could very well be genetics.

"processed forest products, coir, perlite and compost made from plant materials and food waste"

Sounds good to me no need for any feeding since roots are small for now. Let the plants do their thing. Don't over water and don't over think.

More seedlings killed by gardener overthinking that most anything. That and too much water.

As mentioned, genetics is a given and you cannot make a race horse out of sow's ear so there's always that.

Let them grow a few weeks, soil is fine lights are fine, if they dont grow pop more seeds. Easy enough.

There's no magic potion that's gonna make them grow "better" so patience at the seedling stage is always a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom