Amazing News From Utah As Another Lawmaker Endorses Medical Marijuana

Truth Seeker

The medical marijuana movement in Utah received a huge endorsement today from Utah Representative Rebecca Chavez-Houck.

She said to Legalize Utah, in part, "I appreciate your concern and interest in the issue pertaining to the legalization of marijuana. I concur with you that the current legislation we have in place regarding marijuana has been highly ineffective and is costing our taxpayers money".

"One of the largest problems with any marijuana legislation is the inability to scientifically show when the drug was used and how much was used. The inability to provide exact measurements makes it nearly impossible to enact any sort of Driving Under the Influence restrictions".

"The only solution to this problem is to impose a blanket 'No Tolerance' policy, which in the past have been proved to be ineffective and often harmful to due process.These sort of restrictions would be unfair to marijuana users considering the current laws in place surrounding alcohol. I do support any research and investigation into this area and would very much so like to see progress made.

She went on to say "In addition to those concerns, I also support the use of medical marijuana and definitely can see the benefits associated with its uses. Cancer patients lives are improved drastically by its use, and improving the quality of life for the sick is one of the chief responsibilities for the medical profession".

"If the legalization of marijuana helps to further this goal, then I will support it in medical contexts. However, once again issues arise with granting access to a life-improving drug to only certain groups of people, and the medical profession would be charged with making the decision of whom is eligible. An almost insurmountable and expensive task".

"As you can see this issue is extremely complex, and we as legislators are tasked with attempting to represent the people with their best interests in mind. I do believe that in this instance the greater good would be served, but until there are more effective methods and clear cut lines on the issue we will be bogged down in procedure and semantics indefinitely".

She added "I will certainly express your view to my colleagues in the House of Representatives, and urge them to investigate themselves into the evidence you have presented. I personally would like to thank your for your diligence and civic responsibility. By engaged and active citizens we are able to strengthen our democracy until every voice is heard".

Members of Legalize Utah are thrilled with the support offered by Representative Chavez-Houck and will work in earnest with Representative Chavez-Houck, Representative David Litvack and any other Utah politician who is publicly supportive of legalizing medical marijuana in Utah.

Utah_Rep_Rebecca_Chavez-Houck.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: examiner.com
Author: Gradi Jordan
Website: Amazing news from Utah as another lawmaker endorses medical marijuana - Salt Lake City medical marijuana | Examiner.com

Back
Top Bottom