Ammonia smelling buds - Cause and health issues?

Mr Masel

(I could't find a suitable topic on the website, so I thought that asking in the growers forum makes the most sense, since you are the guys with the most experience with curing and encounters with mold, illnesses, bad storing and that kind of stuff — feel free to redirect me to another forum if necessary)

I recently acquired a couple of buds with a distinct ammonia smell. Unfortunately I am not aware of the name of the exact strain other than it is called BC. I know that it have been vacuum packet for a longer period of time, but not the exact time. It looks like it has cured very well, it's a very potent smoke(It was a very good high :D), but the flavor has a taint of ammonia to it too! It has a darkish green color and compact buds.
The buds are pretty nicely cut, but to my eyes it looks like rather big pieces of it has been cut off afterwards. I suspect it maybe had mold on it. On the bud, where I suspect the mold have been cut off, it has a yellow color to it and lack green almost completely.

My main concerns are if there are any health concerns by smoking it?
,would it be harmful too smoke over a long period of time?
,and of course, is the ammonia smell natural or do you think it is from an external source?

As soon as i figure out how to attach a photo, i will make a post with it :p

I hope some of you can help me.

Thanks 

Back
Top Bottom