amsterdam?

hydroman

I just read an article on yahoo....."The city is targeting businesses that "generate criminality," including gambling parlors, and the so-called "coffee shops" where marijuana is sold openly. Also targeted are peep shows, massage parlors and souvenir shops used by drug dealers for money-laundering." Closing the cafes???? Ahhh there goes my dreams of visiting soon......dam it:smokin:

Re: amsterdam????

Ive spent time In Amsterdam, I know they are cracking down, no smoking anymore in any business, but if they close down the coffee shops and bug the red light district, noone will want to go there,

Dont panic people. There is a real tug-of-war going on in Holland right now about coffeeshops, the sex industry and the criminal element but that doesnt mean that these things will disappear anytime soon. For most of Amsterdam and Holland it is business as usual. The government is trying to "trim the fat" a bit but it doesnt mean that all the coffeeshops and hookers are going away. Most mayors of dutch cities are strongly opposed to coffeeshop closures. Come to Amsterdam and enjoy yourselves! Amsterdam remains as one of the most tolerant cites in the world. Peace.

I heard they closed down a few cafes that where close to schools, but that the cafes where opening up elsewhere. Come up to Canada, we're closer and Vancouver is like a little Amsterdam. Try the BC bud while yu are there and send in a revew for the rest who have not made the trip.

I heard they closed down a few cafes that where close to schools, but that the cafes where opening up elsewhere.

They have not closed any coffeeshops in Amsterdam that are close to schools...yet. The possibility of Amsterdam coffeeshops closing because they are within 250 meters of a school will not happen until 2011, at least. It may not happen at all. There will be a new election in 2011 and the ruling "christian" government, that wants to close shops, may be voted out. Until then, it's smoke em if you got em, as usual. ;) Peace.

Back
Top Bottom