an oz of weed is worth a half oz of GOLD!

vaping

no wonder they aren't legalizing weed. no wonder there is so much politics about it. wars are being fought about gold. if anyone still believes that the "powers that be" are keeping pot illegal to save us from ourselves, they are sadly mistaken. it's all about money. the smugglers, growers, dealers, the jobs in eradication, prosecution, jail guards, none of them want it legal. if it were legal, the price would drop to half.
so let's not kid ourselves. it's pure greed. and the medial marijuana patients suffer the expense and the stigma.

It was, it is, and it will be forever be about money. The law makers that are aware of the value of quality pot drool daily just thinking of the tax revenues to be had, but don't have a clue how to reverse the idiotic 30 year War on Drugs fiasco that's cost us billions. The other law makers unaware of the potential are just sadly, well, unaware, and think pot is worse than death panels.

Remember too that there is growing trend of using private companies to run jails and house inmates. The last thing these companies want to see is mj legalized and the prison population decrease. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some of the prohibitionists are getting funded/supported from these prison companies.

i have no criminal record-just by luck i suppose. just think if you could make something illeagle for your own selfish reasons would you ? no. thats what i thought also until i realized what was happening in front of my eyes. my county and state were charging me a premium in the form of taxes and still are. to fight those who use weed who are not a threat to me. destroying those peoples family and reputation on top of that. how come they are not busting thieves and child molesters and murderers with the same enthusiasm. whats up with that?

there is liberty and justice for all -as long as you dont believe in it. however you are reqiurded to pay for it. can i get a hell yeah, not an amen?

thanks i new someone would see it my way.just wandaring why there are so many who dont. i have never robbed you why do you punish me? i have never murderd anyone why do you punish me.why are you punishing me ? why do you charge me an unfair amount of taxes ? just give me a reason and ill shut up , if not ill keep on talking. till im shut down by your law makers.

Diggler, do you live in the U.S.? If so, there is something you should be aware of. Taxes in the U.S. are absurdly low compared to the rest of the first world, and as a result of this our schools suck, our healthcare sucks, our infrastructure is slowly falling apart, and our social safety net is nonexistant.

My problem is not that I have to pay taxes. My problem that my tax dollars go to thing like a quarter-trillion dollar a year war, while NASA, the one organization that just might be able to save us from extinction, operates on a budget smaller than that of many private corporations. My problem is that we buy fighter jets at $280 million a pop, bombers at two billion, while our schools degrade at such a rate that we'll have to import peope from India to work on them by the time they enter service deployed.

philosopher, im not against taxes.that was not the point. the point was im against paying the system to treat me like a criminal. for what-that i cant smoke a joint in my own home without fear of a swat team breaking down my door and destroying or ending my life. and oh yea throwing away those tax dollars on what you just said.

I think you guys are forgetting that at least some of the opposition to legalization comes from the other side of the laws.

The guys growing massive amounts for distribution - the bigger players with a big organization behind them - they don't see a lot of good things if weed becomes legal. They opposed legalization in California back when that was being done.

And they're responsible for a lot of the opposition to legalization that happens on the law enforcement side. Those giant growers don't avoid jail time because the police can't find them. They avoid jail time because they pay the police not to find them. And so the guys getting their palms greased aren't interested in seeing marijuana legalized... they'd stop getting their bribes.

It's not just John Law that's keeping MJ down...

hydroherb, now that i think about what you said , you have hit the nail on the head .

Back
Top Bottom