Another PH Q

naturalhi

So I've aquired a 4'x4' tray w/ 25 9"x9" square baskets, a thirty gallon reservior, double filtered (hard) well water, and was thinking of sticking with Fox Farm nutes.

I've been watering the last of soil grown mj with the ebb n flo system I built, and studying hydrogrowing.

So far I've had no prob with PH, but from what I've read there might be problems during hydrogro.

The medium I plan to use is a mix of coco fibre, lava 'pumis' rock, and maybe some perlite. I'm thinkin' 1 or 2 floods a day 'cause of the water retention properties of the medium.

How hard is keeping PH n PPM level, the real scoop!:hmmmm:

It's not too hard to keep those regulated if you stay on top off of them. Make sure you rinse the coco coir real well before you use it. It's a coconut and grown and floated by/in the ocean so it's full of salt.
A good hydro tip is to use a bigger resevoir. The more solution there is, the less PH or PPM fluxuation there is. The rule of thumb is 5 gallons per plant. But that is just the rule of thumb. A lot of successful grows are done with a lot less nutrient solution. It just requires more attention.
Remember with hydro that things happen a lot faster. You can put them to bed looking real great and wake up with them looking like their half dead. So go slow. I myself always went half strength at the most to begin with and slowly built up to full strength. Watch your plants. Burnt tips means your pushing the nutrients a little too hard and curled leaqves can be from too much nutrient as well or even a enviromental problem (room too hot). Your plants will tell you when their happy or somethings wrong. Stay on top of things. don't put anything off. If you spill something, clean it up ASAP. If you find pests, eliminate them ASAP too. Procrastination has destroyed many a crop. But most of all, have fun and enjoy what your doing. The day growing becomes a job is the day it becomes a chore and most don't like chores so they tend to skip steps. I myself love to watch my babies grow. Been know to sit for hours and just watch them or examine them. It's a sort of therapy for me.lol Calms me down big time. Plus I learn my plants and see what they like or dislike.
I hope some of what I wrote is helpful. I just medicated so I'm blabbering here.lol

Racefan said:
It's not too hard to keep those regulated if you stay on top off of them. Make sure you rinse the coco coir real well before you use it. It's a coconut and grown and floated by/in the ocean so it's full of salt.
A good hydro tip is to use a bigger resevoir. The more solution there is, the less PH or PPM fluxuation there is. The rule of thumb is 5 gallons per plant. But that is just the rule of thumb. A lot of successful grows are done with a lot less nutrient solution. It just requires more attention.
Remember with hydro that things happen a lot faster. You can put them to bed looking real great and wake up with them looking like their half dead. So go slow. I myself always went half strength at the most to begin with and slowly built up to full strength. Watch your plants. Burnt tips means your pushing the nutrients a little too hard and curled leaqves can be from too much nutrient as well or even a enviromental problem (room too hot). Your plants will tell you when their happy or somethings wrong. Stay on top of things. don't put anything off. If you spill something, clean it up ASAP. If you find pests, eliminate them ASAP too. Procrastination has destroyed many a crop. But most of all, have fun and enjoy what your doing. The day growing becomes a job is the day it becomes a chore and most don't like chores so they tend to skip steps. I myself love to watch my babies grow. Been know to sit for hours and just watch them or examine them. It's a sort of therapy for me.lol Calms me down big time. Plus I learn my plants and see what they like or dislike.
I hope some of what I wrote is helpful. I just medicated so I'm blabbering here.lol

Wow thanx! Neighbor! IMHO Weed would be a great place to live and grow!

A couple of points you mentioned; I'm perty big if i stayed on top of them they wouldn't get any light!:laughtwo:

Heat isn't a prob here, in fact keeping the sleep time temp above 50F is a prob! but not much of one at least not in dirt it wasn't we'll see.

The res is in another room so I can keep track of it any time and no mess in the flower room.

Harvest should be done here in a day or 2 so I 'll be populating the new tray shortly:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom