Ants

theno420

what can i use to get/keep the ants out of my plants. they are really in there and i know ant spray wouldnt b good to use is there anything else i could use to get rid of them? also r they really bad for the plants what will they do? :peace:

ants themselves wont do any damage to the upper part of the plant but can wreck havoc on the roots and prevent the plant from growing well. ive had to deal with ants this summer since its been very dry and the only water the ants get are from when i water the plants. the problems ive noticed from them results in the lower leaves yellowing and the plant growth slowing down or stopping. also have noticed that ants only invade potted plants. had ants in one pot and then transplanted the plant into the ground and the ants left.
ive used a spray with cooking oil, soap, and an insecticide called Malathalion. hit their colony once with the spray and havent seen them since.

the ants will also move afids so watch out for those lil buggers too

maybe try tanglefoot around the plant.

what kind of soap and what bout cookn oil~canola lol but seriously how much of each and miix w/ h2o? how much? and ii do not know wat tanglefoot is but if it works i try it ware would one find this tanglefoot~ wat works the best cuz i got a grip in my reg. plants~cactus~succulents but hell i just spray this shultz fungicide 3-1 shit or reg. raid on those. the shultz fungi says its safe for the garden but i dont know about all that mayb but it seems like it would affect the bud som way? anyways :thanks: for the 411 :peace:

tanglefoot is like a gooey gum, that you would put around the base of the plant, the ants will stick to it, its at a hardwear store. it would be dish soap. nothing really strong, 1/2 teaspoon soap, 1/4 teaspoon oil, 1 quart warm water, spray ever 10 days.. i wrote this formula down from this site a while ago.

malathalion is a general insecticide used to kill ants, mosiquitos, beatles, catapillers, and other all around pest. you can go down to your local hardware store or nursery and ask them what is best to get rid of ants. ants are pretty easy to get rid of it they are in one location, but after almost every rain they will return. if you keep spraying your plants and keep a chemical barrier, theyll learn not to mess with those plants.

Back
Top Bottom