Any ideas?

Frarig

420 Member
Hi,
My first post on the forums although I've been lurking and learning for quite some time. Would really appreciate some help with a problem that has just come up.

I've been growing 10 x autos of various strains in a 4x8 tent, using Fluence Spydr 2x LED lights. 8 plants in soil using BioBizz nutes and 2 plants in a Biotab/Soil mix. All in fabric pots. Quad-lined all of them. One of the Biotab plants (Cream Cookies Auto) was miles ahead of the others and was starting to show cloudy trichomes at 7 weeks. I was away this last weekend and so gave it the normal plain water drink on Thursday evening. All looked well. Got home on Sunday night and all the leaves on the plant had developed what looked like rust (orangey brown) roughly following the veins and around the edges. The leaves were brittle and even starting to crack.

I decided the best thing to do was harvest -- get it the hell out of the tent and trim every bit of leaf possible off the buds before drying and curing. So I did that today. I'm gonna keep a really close eye on the buds that came off of it to see they're ok, and also on the other plants in the tent to see if any of them start displaying the same symptoms.
I'll post a couple of pictures below so you can see what I mean. Unfortunately I only took one close-up of the cracks, but if you look at the circled areas of the leaves in the second pic, you can see just a bit of the "rust" visible.

Any ideas from anyone who has seen this before would be would be hugely appreciated!
Cheers, RP
_DSC2100WEB.jpg
_DSC2097WEB.jpg

Hi,
My first post on the forums although I've been lurking and learning for quite some time. Would really appreciate some help with a problem that has just come up.

I've been growing 10 x autos of various strains in a 4x8 tent, using Fluence Spydr 2x LED lights. 8 plants in soil using BioBizz nutes and 2 plants in a Biotab/Soil mix. All in fabric pots. Quad-lined all of them. One of the Biotab plants (Cream Cookies Auto) was miles ahead of the others and was starting to show cloudy trichomes at 7 weeks. I was away this last weekend and so gave it the normal plain water drink on Thursday evening. All looked well. Got home on Sunday night and all the leaves on the plant had developed what looked like rust (orangey brown) roughly following the veins and around the edges. The leaves were brittle and even starting to crack.

I decided the best thing to do was harvest -- get it the hell out of the tent and trim every bit of leaf possible off the buds before drying and curing. So I did that today. I'm gonna keep a really close eye on the buds that came off of it to see they're ok, and also on the other plants in the tent to see if any of them start displaying the same symptoms.
I'll post a couple of pictures below so you can see what I mean. Unfortunately I only took one close-up of the cracks, but if you look at the circled areas of the leaves in the second pic, you can see just a bit of the "rust" visible.

Any ideas from anyone who has seen this before would be would be hugely appreciated!
Cheers, RP
_DSC2100WEB.jpg
_DSC2097WEB.jpg
Rust spots are usually a sign of calcium deficiency. Your leaves don’t look too bad yet but you may want to get a cal/ mag supplement

Rust spots are usually a sign of calcium deficiency. Your leaves don’t look too bad yet but you may want to get a cal/ mag supplement
Thanks for the reply, and apologies for the delay in responding. I’m in a soft water area and have been using cal mag at 1ml/litre throughout the grow, but I’m certainly not ruling it out as the cause. Also seems weird that it was only that one plant . The other girls are all doing well though, so I’m a bit more relaxed about the whole thing and will just keep watching to see if it happens again.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom