Any luck using a 400W Metal Halide?

Justadad

All I have to use is a 400W Metal Halide in a room about maybe 10' x 10'. The lighting system is setup within the corner area with white walls. Just wondering if anyone else is using this wattage of MH and how did it do for them? I know that more is better, but budget determines this issue.

thanks kids!

Hey there justadad, yes it will work but you need to cut the room or corner to like a 3 x 3 space, the MH will work fine and some in the organic community will use it for veg and flower, get some mylar to line the walls to reflect the light now you can have all the light reflecting back on your plants. Just get them growing and the rest will work itself out, Peace, OG.

The white walls will actually provide a better reflective surface for the light than Mylar for the most part. A 400 watt MH will grow effectively. It will not produce the flowers as large or firm as a HPS but it will work. For more basic information on lighting please take a look at the link in my signature.

Sure do appreciate all the advice & tips folks!

I have made my lighting into the "corner" section with the thought of light reflection being considered and the room is already "white" so that part is working good. Do plan to flower using 400W MH.. really don't have a choice right now. Have 4 ladies just flowering away & having fun. Now in my outdoor greenhouse, I have 11 lil ladies starting of there.

The white walls will actually provide a better reflective surface for the light than Mylar for the most part. A 400 watt MH will grow effectively. It will not produce the flowers as large or firm as a HPS but it will work. For more basic information on lighting please take a look at the link in my signature.

You would be surprised as to what an all metal halide grow will produce , check into it. as for the white if that is all you have go with it.
with the new spectrum bulbs out for the halide and the hps for that matter you could run either for the entire grow and if you are using true organics to grow Halide would be my option of light for the entire grow.

Back
Top Bottom