Anyone grow in bush? I've got a couple of questions

Phillybonker

Just been hiking around the bush trails last couple of weeks looking for any potential areas to put a few plants down. In the bush where I'm at it's just a canopy of tall trees and dense bush scrub, not much sunlight is able to penetrate through the trees making growing cannabis in that environment near impossible.
The thing is I know people grow up in the bush where I'm at but I'm not sure how they deal with the trees which block out the sun.
My questions are:
  1. What's the trick to growing in the bush among a canopy of trees that block out the sun?
  2. Is there any better places to grow besides national parks with dense bush land?

Just been hiking around the bush trails last couple of weeks looking for any potential areas to put a few plants down. In the bush where I'm at it's just a canopy of tall trees and dense bush scrub, not much sunlight is able to penetrate through the trees making growing cannabis in that environment near impossible.
The thing is I know people grow up in the bush where I'm at but I'm not sure how they deal with the trees which block out the sun.
My questions are:
  1. What's the trick to growing in the bush among a canopy of trees that block out the sun?
  2. Is there any better places to grow besides national parks with dense bush land?
:hmmmm: Gorilla growing is best kept to ones own circle and not chatted about online LOL. We do not advise you do anything illegal. That being said have at it and good luck sky is the limit.

Is there any better places to grow besides national parks with dense bush land?

1. Inside your own house, where you can control everything (including the light level).
2. On your own land, where you can control many things. Unlike #1, though, this option can come with some degree of risk.

What's the trick to growing in the bush among a canopy of trees that block out the sun?

Locate trees that have recently(+/-) fallen due to illness/disaster, and locate your plants in the newly-opened sunny area. Sometimes, a particularly large tree will take out one or more other, smaller ones on its way down - or at least remove some branches. Some people have been known to cut down a tree or two. However, if done on land that they don't own, this amounts to destruction of property (which is illegal). And, if done in a country's national park, it could - depending on the country and its laws - potentially end up netting the person more jail time than getting caught trying to grow a cannabis plant in their front yard would, lol. Also, people who do not know what they are doing should never wander into the woods and try to cut down trees, especially alone. A flail chest is just one of the little gifts that the universe sometimes gives such people - and situations like that can quickly become fatal ones.

Back in the day, people used to climb trees, burdened with a "teenaged" cannabis plant and related grow supplies, and set up grows that way. I always kind of figured it would be safer to rob a bank and buy one's bud from the proceeds :rofl: . Still and all, it's an option. An option best used if one has a lifeflight helicopter equipped with rough country victim retrieval kit and crew, however.

Cannabis is a light-loving plant. It needs something like a minimum of six hours of sunlight per day to survive, and significantly more to thrive. Hunt for, locate, and prepare your guerilla grow site the year before you intend to use it! This will reduce the danger of going to jail; if caught toting grow materials, but there are no cannabis plants as of yet, your punishment (if any) will be far less severe. Also, this prior preparation will allow you do do site surveys throughout the growing season to both ascertain whether there will actually be enough light-energy reaching it for the location to be a viable one... and to get a feel for whether it is getting visited by other people (and hungry/destructive animals).

A member who passed away years ago was a lifelong grower and outdoor enthusiast. You may gain some useful knowledge by reading his posts, and you will surely be entertained. Here is one of his many threads. To discover more, hover your mouse cursor over his name (to the left of the post) and, when the little pop-up appears, left-click on the number under "Messages." I've no idea how this would be accomplished if you're using some kind of cell phone or tablet device - but it'd be worth figuring out.

RIP, RangerDanger. . . .

1. Inside your own house, where you can control everything (including the light level).
2. On your own land, where you can control many things. Unlike #1, though, this option can come with some degree of risk.

Locate trees that have recently(+/-) fallen due to illness/disaster, and locate your plants in the newly-opened sunny area. Sometimes, a particularly large tree will take out one or more other, smaller ones on its way down - or at least remove some branches. Some people have been known to cut down a tree or two. However, if done on land that they don't own, this amounts to destruction of property (which is illegal). And, if done in a country's national park, it could - depending on the country and its laws - potentially end up netting the person more jail time than getting caught trying to grow a cannabis plant in their front yard would, lol. Also, people who do not know what they are doing should never wander into the woods and try to cut down trees, especially alone. A flail chest is just one of the little gifts that the universe sometimes gives such people - and situations like that can quickly become fatal ones.

Back in the day, people used to climb trees, burdened with a "teenaged" cannabis plant and related grow supplies, and set up grows that way. I always kind of figured it would be safer to rob a bank and buy one's bud from the proceeds :rofl: . Still and all, it's an option. An option best used if one has a lifeflight helicopter equipped with rough country victim retrieval kit and crew, however.

Cannabis is a light-loving plant. It needs something like a minimum of six hours of sunlight per day to survive, and significantly more to thrive. Hunt for, locate, and prepare your guerilla grow site the year before you intend to use it! This will reduce the danger of going to jail; if caught toting grow materials, but there are no cannabis plants as of yet, your punishment (if any) will be far less severe. Also, this prior preparation will allow you do do site surveys throughout the growing season to both ascertain whether there will actually be enough light-energy reaching it for the location to be a viable one... and to get a feel for whether it is getting visited by other people (and hungry/destructive animals).

A member who passed away years ago was a lifelong grower and outdoor enthusiast. You may gain some useful knowledge by reading his posts, and you will surely be entertained. Here is one of his many threads. To discover more, hover your mouse cursor over his name (to the left of the post) and, when the little pop-up appears, left-click on the number under "Messages." I've no idea how this would be accomplished if you're using some kind of cell phone or tablet device - but it'd be worth figuring out.

RIP, RangerDanger. . . .
Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

It's pretty daunting stuff in that outdoor growing tutorial and I can't water my plants 2-3 times a week, more like once a week.
I might have to rethink things a bit.

People have been known to come up with some pretty creative solutions. For example, if there is a year-round stream nearby, some kind water-powered water pump (yes, that's actually a thing, lol) might work to move water a short distance to a grow site. There's always onsite storage - but carrying in a sizable water barrel or other container is both risky and difficult.

Guerilla grows don't get discussed like they once did, now that everyone and their brother has an indoor grow setup in a tent, closet, or room (and more and more locations allow people to grow their own cannabis legally). It might be helpful to extend your search to websites/publications that deal with off-grid living, "doomsday prepping," etc. If someone chooses to live in the back of beyond, they'll have to find a way to get water and, possibly, a way to grow their own food.

You need a slow drip reservoir. I used a regular gallon sized milk jug painted camo style. The ones with the screw on type lids work the best. Punch a hole or five (it depends how fast or slow you want it to drain out) and flip it over and then kinda bury the top down into your plants roots. The water should slowly seep drip flow out. You'll need to experiment to see how fast it drains, starting with just one hole. Now the hard part is, your going to have to start this in between your regular visits to set it up where that middle visit is where you set up your jug drip reservoir. It can last a few days till your next regular visit when you can water it heavy and stick another jug there. Now when the moisture level drops off in a couple days it will pull from the jug. If you get a really good moist soil to start with, you might be able to start the jug on your regular visits instead.
Let me tell you what the biggest issue would be, fingerprints on the jugs. Get me? Hairs caught on branches especially long ones. Always use a trip line or three across your normal path in and out, plain black sewing thread at different heights. Mind the foot traffic, look at the prints in the muddy wet spots see if you can match them up with any LEOs you've seen around game wardens included, avoid leaving any tracks or even having the same footwear in your possession you wear around your grow. I used a felt pad with some heavy rubber bands on my soles when it was real wet or rainy.
Would you like to know more?

Watch the area before and during your trips. You should be prepared to wait for hours with a good reason, so you can run surveillance and keep track of who's frequently or regularly there on the same day/s. If its hiking trails, get a camo blind or good camouflage clothing and set up off the trail head, you could also get a game camera..which is what is happening right now, this very second somebody is getting their picture taken or is on video doing the late night Rambo commando run thinking everything is cool, you can 'sniff' these out with a smart phone app that detects the ultraviolet light they use at night, but what then?
This last part, stopped my thing like two locomotives hitting head on. If its wifi or cell connected, your ducked in the shirt hole! They'll be pulling up for ya when you come out. I seen't that shirt! Like "Live PD" pulled into state park and hauled dudes in camouflage and all plants and game cameras!

I feel for you with stealth and jazz. The game has changed so much in my area. Walked past a house, which had a potted MJ plant chilling awhile ago, and noticed the good smell. Thought it was an indoor venting outside. Well the bloke put up a shed in a strange spot, and the investigating eyes noticed the bushing babe in the background. Just growing at the back of his house for all the neighbors to see. Several large colas had grown through fence, nice purple colas mind you, and I assume the neighbors groovy with it. If I didn't have an indoor going I'd be jelly.

Good luck chap, and be safe!
:lot-o-toke:

You need a slow drip reservoir. I used a regular gallon sized milk jug painted camo style. The ones with the screw on type lids work the best. Punch a hole or five (it depends how fast or slow you want it to drain out) and flip it over and then kinda bury the top down into your plants roots. The water should slowly seep drip flow out. You'll need to experiment to see how fast it drains, starting with just one hole. Now the hard part is, your going to have to start this in between your regular visits to set it up where that middle visit is where you set up your jug drip reservoir. It can last a few days till your next regular visit when you can water it heavy and stick another jug there. Now when the moisture level drops off in a couple days it will pull from the jug. If you get a really good moist soil to start with, you might be able to start the jug on your regular visits instead.
Let me tell you what the biggest issue would be, fingerprints on the jugs. Get me? Hairs caught on branches especially long ones. Always use a trip line or three across your normal path in and out, plain black sewing thread at different heights. Mind the foot traffic, look at the prints in the muddy wet spots see if you can match them up with any LEOs you've seen around game wardens included, avoid leaving any tracks or even having the same footwear in your possession you wear around your grow. I used a felt pad with some heavy rubber bands on my soles when it was real wet or rainy.
Would you like to know more?

Very good information. I copied it to my notes for future reference. Thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom