Anyone have experience with Canna Terra Professional Soil Mix?

dookleto

My last run of autoflowers has been a terrible failure. Before this I had no problems getting a decent yield. I think the problem may be with my soil (basic potting compost mixed 50/50 with perlite) Before I used cheap potting soil too, but a different brand. It seems that overwatering is occuring, I cant even do a full water at 4 weeks, it has just curled up (previous to that I was giving a few squirts at the base every day, this was fine they plants looked OK).

None of my plants can establish a proper root system, some only reached about 3 inches down into the soil, and produced 3-4 inch high plants at 4 weeks. Also many seedlings just die off with a 1 inch tap root, its as if the roots cant penetrate very far into the soil. I reckon I have had 10-15 seeds fail on me (they all popped fine in wet kitchen towel before I planted them, but as soon as they are in the soil they dont seem to get going very well.)

So I am looking to use the canna Terra Professional Soil Mix. I just wonder do I need to mix this with perlite? If so, how much? It says it has perlite already in it, but drainage is obviously important to get this overwatering problem under control.

I just wonder how I should use this soil to promote good root growth? IF anyone has any experience with it I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks. :)

thanks :) I bought 1 bag to test it, seems fine so far, was a little worried it might be too hot for autos but have no burn so far.

decided to mix 50/50 perlite, havent done a full water yet (plants are at 2 weeks so first full water will be soon, will leave update if I get any overwatering problems.

if anyone is interested, having good results so far, at about day 24 and after watering, no signs of overwatering, they did droop a little after the water so i was worried but they were back to normal within 3-4 hours, and the autos are nice, big and healthy. The medium isnt as hot as i thought, i gave an 1/8 strength dose of canna veg nutes on day 20 and still not a single sign of burn.

Would recommend.

Back
Top Bottom