Anyone use the HPS Bulbs from HTG Supply?

Are there light setups in general good stuff? I see them on eBay and they are pretty cheap in price.
I've never used there lights personally. However I have heard a ton of positive feed back on their customer service as well as the performance/warranty on their cheap digital ballasts. Alot of people are afraid of the digital ballasts with the cooling fans inside of them. But the way I look at is, if they come with a 2 year warranty they can;t be total shit? Good Luck

Have had pretty good luck with HTG. My first 1000w bulb from them burned out a little quickly, I had a ballast that went out in a month, but the warranty has always been good.
Its always a good idea to have a backup systen avaiable just in case something fails. Just something cheap could be enough to save your crop.

I need a 600 watt HPS bulb. I've only bought Hortilux so far, but the money is tight because I need to buy so much stuff in the near future. There only $49.99? Check it out NEW 600 watt HPS BULB grow light lamp 600w horti sodium - eBay

You know, if times weren't so bad for most of us in the financial world, I probably wouldn't say this, because undoubtedly, I'm gonna get hammered for doing so, but drastic times call for drastic measures. Find a wholesale electrical supply. Mind you, a 600 watt HPS bulb is kinda rare-especially in the industry standard on whats accepted for "general lighting", though I'm sure they can be ordered. 400 and 1000 watt bulbs are easy to come by. For example, I pay $12.95 plus tax for a 400 watt bulb at Locke Supply. I'm sure the item listed on Ebay you referenced is someone selling you the bulb I'm suggesting you get on your own and get-cut out the Ebay middleman. This being said, I won't attempt to argue over the "perfect" spectrum and whether or not one is better than the other, but what I CAN attest to, is I have used both. And the end results are indistinguishable, at least from my perspective. If money weren't so tight, I'd opt for the Hortilux, as I'm sure they have more finely detailed the spectrum somewhat, but times for most of us have been better, financially speaking anyway. :goodluck:

I agree with your assesmant on bulbs. I've used both cheap and expensive bulbs and have never seen a difference in bud production.

i am currently using a 400w hps from htg supply.I originally
had a digital ballast from them(fan type) it went out the first,but next shipped me a lumatek, it works great.

i am currently using a 400w hps from htg supply.I originally
had a digital ballast from them(fan type) it went out the first,but next shipped me a lumatek, it works great.

Well it seems like those cheap digital ballasts with the fans they sell are kind of hit or miss? But with the warranty they offer I guess it's worth the gamble for most?

Well it seems like those cheap digital ballasts with the fans they sell are kind of hit or miss? But with the warranty they offer I guess it's worth the gamble for most?

Depends on whether or not you have a good backup ballast to cover the downtime while you're waiting on return and shipment of the new or repaired ballast, I would think. Downtime of your lighting during a grow is much more than an inconvenience.

I can only speak for myself, but in a situation such as this, I really don't give a hill of beans about warranty...in this situation anyway. Dependability is paramount to me. A ballast designed with passive (heatsink cooling) will ALWAYS be more durable if for NO other reason than no moving parts. fans CAN and DO fail. Matter of time. I presume the ones with fans incorporate an internal high limit device to shut ballast off. Nonetheless, it's passive all the way in this department. Hey...my grow cab is passive as well. I must be a kinda passive guy...and passive is just another word for mellow. Guess the Mr Manly Manual on True Manliness would describe me as a "Mellow Fellow". :roorrip:

Depends on whether or not you have a good backup ballast to cover the downtime while you're waiting on return and shipment of the new or repaired ballast, I would think. Downtime of your lighting during a grow is much more than an inconvenience.

Good point. I would think the majority of growers that can't afford a highend electronic ballast and buy a cheapo, probably don't have a spare ballast laying around.

I can only speak for myself, but in a situation such as this, I really don't give a hill of beans about warranty...in this situation anyway. Dependability is paramount to me. A ballast designed with passive (heatsink cooling) will ALWAYS be more durable if for NO other reason than no moving parts. fans CAN and DO fail. Matter of time. I presume the ones with fans incorporate an internal high limit device to shut ballast off. Nonetheless, it's passive all the way in this department. Hey...my grow cab is passive as well. I must be a kinda passive guy...and passive is just another word for mellow. Guess the Mr Manly Manual on True Manliness would describe me as a "Mellow Fellow". :roorrip:
Lol Mister Mellowbody, for the record I have 2 Lumateks. My point is kind of like this. There will always be people out there that willbuy a brand new Mustang with a 6 cylinder engine just to say/own a Mustang. Some people wanna drop the old magnetic ballast and get the new electronic but don't want to (or can't afford) pay the price for the passive e-ballasts.

Back
Top Bottom