Approx 6 weeks into flower with no smell and not sticky

JBAZ420

420 Member
I have 2 plants (soap) and they are in flower stage for about 6+ weeks now. They have orange hairs and buds everywhere, but there is literally no smell. Not sticky either. Top buds are larger than lowers as lowers appear premature. Friend grew same strain and by this point very dank and sticky. Also, same strain i had plant basically die so it looked like charlie browns christmas so i put it outside and she actually flowered. Very sticky and dank. These 2, nada. Any thoughts? Been using bud candy and Bloom formula which is diferent than friend ran. Gonna post some pics next thread. Running in a 5x10 with an SE5000 and SE7000 side by side basically 1 end of tent More pics to come.

20230212_093611.jpg

You might just be nose blind to the scent. Wash your hands & do a stem rub then Hoover on that for a few minutes.

2 beans taken from the same bud or from seed pack do not produce identical plants, there will be phenotype differences so that may account for the less than sticky factor you are experiencing with this plant.

my 2 cents but let’s see what else comes in

welcome to 420!

The leaf structure is throwing me off a bit. They look very skinny and curled up. Is that accurate to assume? If so it look like you have be over loading it with to much light. I could be wrong but that’s what I’m seeing

Took me awhile to dial back my light intensity for my plants. I’m finding that novice growers still think brighter is better but we all now know that is not true.

Also, I re-read your post and you’re running a 5x10ft tent? If that is accurate then I think I may be right on light intensity because based on your lights you’re probably running them at 100% so they reach end to end. I have a @Mars Hydro fc-e4800 in a 4x4 tent and I still haven’t turned it to 100% and I’ve produced some serious sticky, stanky, ranky herb my friend. Dial it back and let those photons do there work!

They are very skinny and curled/clawed down. Temps have maintained avg 78 w/ 30-50 RH. Both lights are set to approx 60 -80% These ladies were in veg for a seriously long time - like 4+ months - plus they weren't defoliated very well as you can see. Pic below is about 3 weeks ago. I will post another when they were recently put into flower. They weren't topped properly either so some of the nodes are almost touching the lights which are like 8-15 above canopy(kinda maxed out height wise). They originated in 3 gallon fabric pots and were struggling(IMO) in veg so we decided to transplant to 7 gallon pots. They seemed to do well after that and several weeks later went into Flower.

20230131_143025.jpg

Took me awhile to dial back my light intensity for my plants. I’m finding that novice growers still think brighter is better but we all now know that is not true.

Also, I re-read your post and you’re running a 5x10ft tent? If that is accurate then I think I may be right on light intensity because based on your lights you’re probably running them at 100% so they reach end to end. I have a @Mars Hydro fc-e4800 in a 4x4 tent and I still haven’t turned it to 100% and I’ve produced some serious sticky, stanky, ranky herb my friend. Dial it back and let those photons do there work!
Also running them side by side so basically 1 half of tent being used but they take up a bit over half.

You might just be nose blind to the scent. Wash your hands & do a stem rub then Hoover on that for a few minutes.

2 beans taken from the same bud or from seed pack do not produce identical plants, there will be phenotype differences so that may account for the less than sticky factor you are experiencing with this plant.

my 2 cents but let’s see what else comes in

welcome to 420!
I wish lol. To the touch and squeeze they are not sticky : ( and have no or minimal smell - the charlie brown xmas tree i grew it flowered outdoors and actually looked good, sticky and stanky. - ironically this 1 looks/looked like my friends cuz he was the one who gave me the plants initially

20221107_111552.jpg

20221209_105731.jpg

Well it sounds like multiple problems. Root bound maybe, nutrient def/tox as a result of being in veg for so long, plant too close to the light, etc. just remember our beloved plants have a DLI(daily light integral) which if you don’t know the meaning it basically is the daily amount of light said plant can take based on environment/medium/light/nutrients/and so on. Plants also may exhibit different traits no matter how many times you grow it, a.k.a phenotype. I have grown Blieberry from seed from the same company now six times and aside from being shorter than normal, they showed many different traits throughout. I would just chalk this up as an educational piece to take with you. Document well, it helps more then you know :reading420magazine:

I wish lol. To the touch and squeeze they are not sticky : ( and have no or minimal smell - the charlie brown xmas tree i grew it flowered outdoors and actually looked good, sticky and stanky. - ironically this 1 looks/looked like my friends cuz he was the one who gave me the plants initially

20221107_111552.jpg

20221209_105731.jpg
This 1 is same strain and it was basically DOA - threw it outside and it actually flowered

Well it sounds like multiple problems. Root bound maybe, nutrient def/tox as a result of being in veg for so long, plant too close to the light, etc. just remember our beloved plants have a DLI(daily light integral) which if you don’t know the meaning it basically is the daily amount of light said plant can take based on environment/medium/light/nutrients/and so on. Plants also may exhibit different traits no matter how many times you grow it, a.k.a phenotype. I have grown Blieberry from seed from the same company now six times and aside from being shorter than normal, they showed many different traits throughout. I would just chalk this up as an educational piece to take with you. Document well, it helps more then you know :reading420magazine:
I agree. We were worried about root issues hence the transplant so late into veg. I did also back down on the lights so we see. Im gonna let her keep rolling. Definitely great advice on the documenting. You can lose yourself if you dont keep track. I will attempt to post the results or more progress as based n calendar, they ony have several weeks left anyways. Thanks for your insight

Back
Top Bottom