Are you growing safely?

#1 rule of "Grow Club" is no one talks about "Grow Club". Tell no one. Not your most trusted friend, sibling, family, etc. No leaks of information.

Fer Sher even with a dog, I have a pit. I was at school, my mom and her boyfriend where gone for two hours out of the day and when they got home 6 plants that were already flowering where ransacked. Nothing but a little dirt dropped. I was so pissed, i havnt started another grow seance then. I plan on growing in door this time. # one rule dont tell any one because those people tell everyone. If you cant keep a secret how can you know they can. I still think it was a set up, my moms boy friend had to of told on of his friends to go to the house when they were gone, but it tis to hard to find out. I may never now who took them but if i find out i wont need a dog. my dog was in the house when all this happened to. FUCKIN PLANT POACHERS!

*Monsterbob420*

Re: When to shut down b/c of security risks?

I really don`t expect anyone to have read that long, rambling post, but if you did, lemme know what you think. Peace-out ;-)

Lee

:reading420magazine:
haha got nothin but time lee.
its sad that in such a chill country you still have to hide in the dark.
but think about the good.
your house could be in ashes right now.
god bless
:nicethread:

Re: When to shut down b/c of security risks?

I`m procrastinating on some work... feel like writing, so this will probably be a long post... the story of my grow room and the various security issues that arose along the way...

In June, my 18-yr-old son, J, and I built a grow room at the back of our house. We told all his friends (who were continually stopping by and offering to help put up the wall) that it was going to be a storage room for my work files - that there was a new law that they had to be stored in a locked room. Everyone bought the explanation - including my 9-yr-old son, B.

When the room was finished, it was awesome! Perfect temp, humidity, lighting, air flow... but I couldn`t afford a carbon filter at that point, so we vented the room into a large bush at the back of the house. I brought in a half-dozen plants in flower I`d been keeping at a friend`s place, and then a few weeks later, another friend gave me another half-dozen or so plants in early veg (which I discovered a few days too late were infected with spider mites). The hard part was that J`s friends were constantly dropping by, often walking into the house without knocking (as they had always done in the past), and when one is hauling spider-mite-infected plants out of the back porch, through the kitchen, to the bathtub to spray and hose down, this was a big problem! Not to mention the difficulty doing this kind of thing with a 9-year-old around (I had to wait until he was asleep - which made for a lot of realllly late nights). Eventually, we decided to tell J`s best friend (the most trustworthy of the bunch) simply because we needed someone to keep the other friends away when we were working on the plants.

One summer night, B (the 9-yr-old) had gone to a friend`s house in the next town for a sleep-over. Perfect opportunity to flush the plants, spray for mites, etc... It was around midnight and I had plants in the sink, plants on the counter draining into salad bowls, others in the bathtub, etc. I was in the grow-room mopping the floor, when there was a loud knock at the front door. I froze thinking it was probably one of J`s friends and if I didn`t answer, he would just leave. Then another knock... followed by B`s voice - "Anyone home?!?!" OMG... panic... I yelled, "Just a minute...!" and started grabbing plants, practically throwing them into the back porch, "Just a sec, B...!" when suddenly, there he was... my 9-yr-old climbing in through the unlocked living room window -- I was caught red-handed! Fortunately, there was only 2 plants left... but he walked right over to them and said with a look of incredulity, "Are those marijuana plants?!!!" I said J had got them as a present from one of his friends and I was trying to decide what to do with them (god, I hate lying!) and added that we`d be in big trouble if anyone knew we had them, so he`d need to keep it a secret. This was sometime in July.

A couple of weeks later, we were away camping for a few days at an outdoor rockfest. We'd been there two days when J got a call on his cell from a friend who lives a couple of houses down from us -- he said the smoke alarms (all 3) in our house were going off - really loud - and there were neighbours circling the house discussing whether they should call the fire dept. Holy adrenaline rushes... what to do?!?! Apparently the house didn`t appear to be on fire (phew!) and the HIDs would`ve been off at that point, assuming the timers were working, but visions of our rural volunteer fire dept breaking in and finding my grow room... yikes! Plus, with no carbon filter and several plants in full aromatic flower, the concerned neighbours circling the house were a serious threat. We were about 4 hours drive away from home. What to do?!?

After a few minutes of full-fledged panic, we decided we had to get someone in there to turn off the smoke alarms and make sure everything was okay in the grow room (I was still reeling somewhat from the incident a month earlier in which I`d inadvertently stuck a thumb-tack into my HID wire, causing an explosion of electrical sparks and setting the wall on fire). The friend who knew about it was with us so we couldn`t call him.... weighing up the risks, we decided we`d have to go with the kid who`d called to tell us... a true "stoner"... instigator of the village teen "wake & bake" ritual. We told him how to break into the house, where the key to the "storage room" was located, to make sure no-one was around when he went in, and that it would all become clear when he got there. His response when he called back after determining that everything was okay and disconnecting the smoke detectors was one word: "sweeeeet!" I had stained and varnished all the floors before we left for camping and it was an unusually hot day - we think the combination of heat and varnish fumes probably set off the smoke detectors.

So now, three teens knew about the grow room and a nine-year-old knew there might be a couple of weed plants hidden away somewhere. Yikes. But... it gets worse. Just before we`d made the call to J`s friend from the camping place, unbeknownst to us, a couple of guys we`d met there had gone into my tent to change. J and I had no idea they were there - we thought we were alone. They heard every word of our panicked conversation about the grow room and the smoke alarms. They were cool guys and it probably wouldn`t have been a big deal -- they lived in another part of the province and we`d probably never see them again. Except a few weeks later, J and I each got friend requests from them on FaceBook... they`d made friends at the campground with some of J`s other friends... and well, you know how FB works - f*ck!

I was thinking we might as well just put out a sign -- "Grow Room Here" because it was just a matter of time before word got around. Then came the final straw... I got into a dispute (over the phone) with the father of a real bully of a kid over things his son was doing -- of course I should`ve known better... "like father like son" and all that. This guy went absolutely nuts on the other end of the phone saying he was going to "destroy" me. Since his son had been at the rockfest too and had been chatting with the guys who overheard our conversation, I figured there was a chance they might have told him about the grow room and he would told his psycho dad (who certainly sounded like he had *something* on me).

Around here (rural Canada), all the teens and many of their parents smoke weed, but the cops are not user-friendly in any sense of the word. Last year, J and his friend (both 17 at the time) got busted rolling a joint, at night, in a park-like area, in a small town with no-one around (well, except the cop who busted them). It was like this cop had stepped directly out of "Reefer Madness" -- and he was nasty. I went down to the police station the next day with a lawyer which I think helped avoid criminal charges, but the cop wasn`t going to let them off with nothing so they are now each officially "on file" at the justice dept., with a stern warning that any further weed-related offenses will be prosecuted.

I asked a social worker I know if she could check if anyone had made a call to child protective services about me, and sure enough, someone had called but it was down as not worth investigating (that`s all she knew) -- I figure it had to be the crazy father (he probably told them that my 18-yr-old smokes weed, lol!). However, he probably also called the police, and *they* might be more interested in checking us out (given their reaction to J and his friend rolling a single joint). My big fear was that, in addition to being charged (I`ve never had anything bigger than a speeding ticket before), I`d risk losing custody of B (and no grow room is worth that). So, sadly, a few days later, at the beginning of September, I shut `er down... moved everything out.

It`s been two months now, and I really want to set things back up again. I just have no idea how paranoid is too paranoid, yk? Should I just chill and let some time pass... or am I worrying over nothing? What would you do if you were in my shoes? How long would you wait? Or would you consider it a constant security risk (e.g., the guys from the rockfest who overheard us talking don`t know we shut everything down - we never talk to them or see them but they`re on everyone`s facebook friend list, including the kid with the father who`s out to destroy me & who knows if they talk or what they talk about).

I really don`t expect anyone to have read that long, rambling post, but if you did, lemme know what you think. Peace-out ;-)

Lee
If it were just you I would say figure the worse that could happen and ask yourself is it worth it . . . . .but it is not and with a child that could become a victim of the foster care system . . er. . .I mean ward the answer should be obvious. My concern would not be "am i paranoid" I would ask myself if the worst should happen could i look into his eyesand expect him to understand why i put him in a situation where he has guns in his face while he's watching me get cuffed (and thats best case senerio) one of the guys that comes into our hydro shop had his partner shot in the head (killed instantly) and the partners son (who brought the person to the house) wounded a couple of times before he got his dads gun and shot the guy in the chest. Over 3 OZs of weed. Intruders who think you got this huge grow going on (and in order to recrute accomplices beleive the story will grow)are not going to take your word no matter how true that there isn't a couple hundred grand stashed in the same place you keep the twenty pounds that you keep on hand for personal stash. yes I know that it sounds outrageous but no-ones going to risk prison to do a home invasion over a couple of joints and with a child in the house just how do you think they are going to make you talk? Afterward don't you think that they may decide that they need to make sure you don't talk? well can't leave witness to a murder. especially in a small town. And it shows up in the paper as some sort of drug slaying that isn't going to get alot of attention from the cops that figure one less mess for us to deal with NHC Non-Human Casualty but I think Ive already said enough because even if as you read this and say to your self "That shit would never happen" I just asked to consider if it did, just the chance no matter how remote . . . is it worth that?

Sometimes I just have to trust in God and trust in my karma.
I'm not sure what christiaity with a little birt of hinduisim thrown in is gonna keep you safe. . . but . .ya i'll go with that

Not trying to be a shit head and I do not intend to insult anyones faith. I trust in sturdy locks I trust in security I trust that if I do what is necessary my chances of having a problem are greatly reduced. I beleive there is something greater than ourselves and I also beleive there is an afterlife. And I know that it is dangerous to confuse trust and beleif.

Not trying to be a shit head and I do not intend to insult anyones faith. I trust in sturdy locks I trust in security I trust that if I do what is necessary my chances of having a problem are greatly reduced. I beleive there is something greater than ourselves and I also beleive there is an afterlife. And I know that it is dangerous to confuse trust and beleif.

no offense taken.
i also trust in having great security too and do.
:rollit:
i have good faith, hoping to decrease my chances of encountering problems.
it doesnt hurt to be positive

very true some (what we consider)simpler life forms seem to be affected by such things

sorry for posting in an older, but awesome thread. I was just wondering how worried I have to be about helicopters. I have 5 plants that are only visible from the air. Even from the air the helo would have to be in a certain spot on a perfect angle to see the plants.

They do fly over often cuz we are close to a military base.

Man I like that this site actually lets you see where the people are from that you are responding to, . . .I would have to say (from recent developements ie; me being raided buy the North Metro Task Force) paranoia for lack of a better word is good. I run a legal grow for 4 patients and myself in a Denver suburb. Now about helocopters . . . very troublesome we have them at night no doubt with the heat signature tech and all' The problem with the military is that we have no idea, only a clue at best as to what tech. they have or may be testing, so any thing you can do to insure your saftey should be pursued. But another thing do not get lazy I figured that having my paper work was some kind of sheild against trouble NOT SO do not I repeat NOT throw any thing in your personal trash Nutrient bottles clipping etc even construction debris speciffic to growing like thermo ply and the such . . . .sorry really tired here will maje an effort to post alot of what I learned from the discovery in my case as for this being an old thread I think it is one that should be made more active

SO do not I repeat NOT throw any thing in your personal trash Nutrient bottles clipping etc even construction debris speciffic to growing like thermo ply and the such .
The cops love to go through your garbage to get a search warrant.
Also judges love to oblige them!
Don't be lazy, stay safe.
:peace:

this why i aint growin security suck to have the no how n no place but hey i have cut down consuming alot which kinda sucks need to no basis does ne really need to no this is where tru stoner friends come in handy jus sucks when they see the green for an other green n figuer they dont need u but grow is an art its bmx biking every1 has there own style once u learn u only get better loose lips r usally the biggest prob cash is king alwas have yo eyes open

Hhhmmmm, Looks like my last post got gobbled up. . . so it went something like this reading my discovery (cuz Adams Co won't drop it ) i find out that the initial contact on this thing was a cop that was trying to investigate a domestic violence complaint, but his statement is a total fabrication there was another person in the house when he came and I probably have security footage to show that his statement is an outright lie. Since his statement was the cause for the warrants to search the trash and then raid the house, isn't that like "Fruit of the Poison Tree"? Where If with out his statement there would not have been probable cause and his statement being false and this can be proven in court makes the rest of the evidence tainted at least but inadmissable since all the paper work is based on his purjury

Back
Top Bottom