Arizona: Republicans Proposing Two Bills To Limit Use Of Medical Marijuana

Robert Celt

Representative Kelly Townsend from Mesa, Arizona, wants to make it a crime for a woman who is pregnant to possess medical marijuana. That would overrule any finding by her doctor that the use of marijuana is appropriate.

One local nurse who just had a baby believes that there's not enough research out there to prove whether it in fact harms or doesn't harm the baby.

Yuma resident and nurse Tamala Turpin said, "I would have to say nay until they have more research for it. Because you don't know the long term affects of what it's going to do to the fetus and what it can lead to in later life."

Back in 2010 the voter-approved law allows patients with certain medical conditions to obtain up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana every two weeks.

Representative Townsend, wants to take that right away from pregnant women. She says there are studies which show the drug can harm the fetus and said the purpose behind the 2010 law was to allow the drug to be used to treat various medical conditions not pregnancy.

One Yuman says she has a child and has smoked marijuana all throughout her pregnancy due to a serious condition she was facing which caused her to lose 35 pounds. Her doctor prescribed medical marijuana and she's happy with the decision she made to use the drug.

Patricia Urtuzuastegui said, "My doctor back then suggested marijuana to help nurture me, my body and my babies body. So I don't think it's a good idea to take it off the table."

Marijuana_money.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Arizona: Republicans Proposing Two Bills To Limit Use Of Medical Marijuana
Author: Heather Yako
Photo Credit: None found

Back
Top Bottom