Attic vs Basement

modred

I'm going to build a bigger grow room and I have 2 options available. I should mention that I live in the mid Atlantic region and generally have cold winters and very humid summers. First is the attic which offers more headroom, 9 foot ceiling, and great ventilation. The problem here is the temp extremes. It does'nt freeze but can get down into the upper 30's in winter and 100 in the summer.
Second is the basement, not as much headroom about 5' 10". The basement has a much more stable temp. avg is 62 deg. but humidity is pegged in the summer.

I'm really leaning toward the basement because of the stable temps. Any input on the pros and cons of both would be great.

Thanks
Modred

Agreed on the de-humidifier. High humidity was really my major concern. Are desicants more cost effective than de-humid. in your experiance?

Attic. I build these all the time! Biggest key is right here... R30 insulation. Quality insulation, power ventilator in the attic, more time, more money out of everyones business. It looks just like a storage room but performs like no other! Not to mention you can run wiring, water lines and tap into drains without any problems.

Attic. I build these all the time! Biggest key is right here... R30 insulation. Quality insulation, power ventilator in the attic, more time, more money out of everyones business. It looks just like a storage room but performs like no other! Not to mention you can run wiring, water lines and tap into drains without any problems.

im with wood plus u can hide the smell better.. it may cost you allittle more doing the attic but would pay off in the end.. good luck..

Back
Top Bottom