Automatic light switcher thing?

William Holden

Ok, so I *think* i've found out pretty much everything I need so far, however, I have a question.

I think i'll get a 400w HPS system, Click Here for what im looking at.
To grow like one or two plants (will this be enough lighting, or do I need more?) and I was just curious as how I was to regulate the lighting? I know you can get automatic shit, but I have no clue what they're called, I have no clue what to type in the search box to even begin looking for them. A friend said you can buy them at Wal-Mart, but would it even work with the HPS system, or do I need a speacial one?

Also, is there any place online that I can buy like, a very small ammount of feminized seeds? I only want a small pack of like five, but most places online sell like 10-20 packs and shit. I have no use for that many seeds.

Well, is 400w overkill then?

It'd be cheaper for me to get something lesser in voltage, and remember, two plants tops here. Also, it wont be in a closet, more than likely under my desk or something w/ some low stress training to keep the plants short.

You know, I could just get some CFL's or something from Lowes, or would that not be enough?

I dont want too much, because it costs me. I just want ENOUGH for what I plan on doing, remember, this isnt some crazy grow or anything. Two plants, personal stash, not in a closet or closed in area, just under my desk with some white posterboard or something similar for reflection all around it.

I'd rather spend $20 on some CFL's than $130 on something I dont need.

Thanks a lot.

I'll make a diagram to show you what I mean when I say, "under my desk"

I'll be able to cut a hole in the top of the desk to put a light in there (its a cheap ass desk, actually its a table, but whatever) and I can line the posterboard with foil if that'll help at all, or will the whiteness of the board be good enough for reflection?

I'll put some holes and shit in the posterboard for venting and during the day when im actually sitting at my computer I can have a fan blow a nice cool breeze into the box.

Keep in mind, I know the space is small, but im also training them to be short, tying them down and stuff...

Well, the photo makes it look smaller than it really is.

I mean, it is small, but that isnt to scale.

The table comes up between my knee and waist, and the box would actually be longer than it is tall.

I know. I dont know how, but i'll make it work.

I have one more option, which is a attic that is connected to my room...

I'll have to check that out, but I dont know about that.

Well, under the desk should be fine because I think im going to get some feminized grapefruit seeds. Its a small plant, about 60 cm (24 inches) tall...

I'll do some measurements in a second... (desk and stuff)
EDIT: Desk is 28 inches high...

I can still pull it off, the container I grow in will just have to be short, but wide...

Damn.

Back
Top Bottom