Back for more info & update: root bound?

Ravenous

420 Member
Hey guys back for more info.... so switched my plants to fllower on the first picture i posted here on april 15 (Seedlings were up begining of march vegged for about 1 and a half months or a bit less ..... plants were about 9-10 inches tall trained with some LST when i flipped them into flower (first time for me dont judge)

heres my original thread asking for help When to flower? First time indoor grow

second third and fourth picture is as of today may 3rd almost done the 3rd week of flower 19 days in

as you can see in the first picture my pots are pretty small i think only 2 gallon roughly 9x9x9 inches ..... now my plants are 12-14 inches tall and the canopy is much wider.....im having to water every 2 days cause they are using everything im giving them and im using nutes once a week
when i do water not much collects in the bottom overflow tray at all maybe a couple tablespoons max and im watering 1 full gallon of water for all 3 plants every 2-3 days as i said but sometimes its 2 days cause the pots are feeling light

temperature and humidity are good 22-24 for temp and 40-48% humidity

should i look into upgrading to 3 gallon pots to finish my flower or will i be okay in these 2 gallon pots for another 5-8 weeks i guess depending on how fast it finishes (info from seed bank said 8-9 weeks)

do roots grow much in flower?

also i pulled the bottom collection tray of water off the pots today to see if any roots were comming out the drain holes and there is not much white to be seen at all

TLDR should i change from 2 gallon pots to 3 or 5 gallon 3 weeks into flower on 2 month old plants
i am concerned i am root bound or will end up root bound ... but would rather leave well enough alone..... plants seem okay but dont wanna run into problems deep into flower and have more issues

GOPR0403.JPG
GOPR0573.JPG

GOPR0563.JPG

GOPR0572.JPG

Attachments

• GOPR0561.JPG
    GOPR0561.JPG
    740.9 KB · Views: 144
its pro mix hp with added perlite to it ....read some okay things about it
Yeah lots of folk use it mate. Personally I wouldn't. It's not soil and it's not hydro so it's hard to find good advice on. I still don't fully understand it.
It's not soil so technically you should be able to feed it 24/7 but the company say not to. You should be able to give it nutes no problem every feed aswell but again , the company say not to.
The company also say you don't need to pH the solution but that's absolute madness.
I can't figure the stuff out mate. Confuses the hell out of me lol.

Next time go with minimum 5 gallon pots at least two weeks before switching to 12/12. Get that root zone nice and big so you'll have the biggest possible plant.

You might want to consider 10 gallon fabric pots. You can get some massive plants growing in those. When you weigh your first harvest you'll wonder why you didn't start using them sooner.

Back
Top Bottom