Backpackers Abandon 747 Pounds of Marijuana

Weedpipe

420 Member
Casa Grande, AZ – U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to the Casa Grande station seized 747 pounds of marijuana Wednesday. The discarded backpacks' content was valued at $597,600.

U.S. Border Patrol agents, using a mobile surveillance system, detected a group of backpackers north of the U.S./Mexico international boundary. Agents responded to the area to identify the individuals and their purpose for being in the west desert, but the subjects fled. A thorough search of the area where the subjects were last seen with a canine team uncovered 16 backpacks containing 32 bundles of marijuana.

The combination of technology and specialty units, such as canine teams, is enhancing the Border Patrol's effectiveness in combating illegal smuggling into the United States, the patrol said. The increased use of technology has substantially improved the Border Patrol's situational awareness in remote border areas while canines consistently pinpoint exact locations of hidden contraband and humans, the patrol said.

In the first two months of this fiscal year (October and November), agents in the Tucson Sector of the Border Patrol have seized more than 152,000 pounds of marijuana with an estimated value exceeding $122 million. Marijuana seizures have risen 12 percent from last year during the same time period.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security.

0101-CAG_1.jpg

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine
Source: The Sierra Vista Herald
Copyright: 2009 The Sierra Vista Herald

It's definently brick weed. Look how it's packaged... I'm with Hightide805. Lot of brownies, butter, hash and plenty of edibles. Shout out to the 805, I'm up North but have peeps and Fam in the 805

oh, im sure that if someone was to go treasure hunting out in the desert, say with a plane or helicopter and a couple spotters that the odds of finding something would be pretty good. ive only been hawkin news for a short time and the stories i post about finding abandoned cannabis is just a very small percentage of the number i could actually post. i just post a few of the bigger finds so the news page dont get filled up with stories similar too this 1.

These bundles would make a really nice bonfire too...A great night of singin round the campfire..lol :roorrip:

Damn skippy. Thats where i'd be.. :roorrip:

Do you guys know how many people are killed in Mexico over this trade? I say bravo LEO on this one. Boycott that dope and grow your own. Don't buy Mexican brick!!!

ummmm, We dont buy Mexican brick weed,,We grow our own. :roorrip:

If Cannabis was decriminalized this wouldn't happen anymore... All I see is that U.S. taxpayers are footing the bill at the toon of billions of dollars a year to enforce our border...
America needs to sober up and stop throwing the taxpayers money away...

Back
Top Bottom