Basement Window Discreet Ventilation Intake?

WeednFeed

In the process of starting my first grow finally and I'm running into an odor/ventilation issue. My basement room 18x15x7, is starting to stink up a bit with seedlings being grown to mother with. While it is still minimal it is increasing daily. My thought is to place a 4 or 6" blower attached to a decent can of carbon and a timer or temp switch. My current air management comes in the form of a standard cold air return outlet and two 4x12" heat inlets. I am able to control temperature well but am unknowing as to whether those ventilation ports are enough "fresh" air. If not, I do have one glass block window with a screen vent but a very nosy neighbor on the other side of it. Is anyone aware of a product, design or idea that would allow me to use that window to increase fresh air intake while maintaining total discretion and light suppression?

Thanks kindly in advance... I know that was a mouthful.:smokin:

ps. For those interested, I'll be starting a journal very soon (gotta get the camera first). It will be based upon homemade mother cabs and a BCNL Producer. I'll likely be adding a larger hydro system in addition to the producer in time.

Prairie-- thanks very much for your input. You wouldn't happen to have a pic of that would you? I'm having trouble visualizing that setup. It get's pretty cold here in the winter (like right now) and I'd also need to have easy access to the screen to open and close it based on weather.

Might not be a bad idea to make one of those DIY odor buckets. There is a thread somewhere on this site. I use one for general house odors, when I toke, and when my ladies get to smelly.

If you can't find the thread let me know and I can explain how to make it. Super easy and works great.

:peace:

Marley

Marley-- Thanks for the advice. I'm not aware of those and will search and learn. If your're interested in what may be the 10,000th journal you've seen, I invite you to view mine. I'll be starting it very soon. I started with 6 seeds/3 varieties. Mothering in soil, cloning in a homemade aero and veg/flower in a BCNL Producer.

Good on you Marley!:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom