Basic Question for an Ebb and Flow System--

nocreativity

For the last few weeks i have been doing a lot of research about my first system and have decided to use an Ebb and flow which i will build, Mainly because this is a system I used making central filtration systems for fish tanks. SO here is the basic specs.

4ftX4ftx7inches deep-- the trays
lighting 600 watt Sodium Halide--hortilux (sp) bulb --flowering
Thinking of starting flowering at about 14 to 16 inches

1) How many plants---read some post said up to 16---which i think is kinda of high

2) Plan on using 4x4x4 rockwool with clay pellet medium covering whole tray--ANyone know how many pounds of clay pellets that is--lol?? Also i read somewhere rockwool was not recommended for this, opinions?

3) How high do i flood it---the faq I read said something like 3/4 the way up the rockwool--so if the rockwool is sitting on 2 inches of clay pellets that would be approx. 6 inches, 2 for the clay and 4 for the rockwood--so I flood about 5inches??

4) Any recomendations of the GPH of pump i should use?? I would like a 10 minute or so flood cycle--6 minutes flood 4 minutes drain--something to that extent

5) Thoughts about tresle, umm lattice however you spell it

---Any inputs, advice, would be nice

Because of my work with fish---water chemistry is one the things I am not to worried about. Just the other 5,000 variables.

Thanks

Okay not the 75 percent
Fromsmokin in the overgrow FAQ page 6
How High Should I set the Flood Level? (Flood Depth)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For most e&f setups, the small planters are used with a grow rocks medium, usually combined with a small (1-1/2") rockwool minicube. The flood height for this combo, should be to a height just touching the very bottom of the minicube, but no higher than 1/4 to 3/8" past the bottom edge of the minicube(s).

Back
Top Bottom