Bending 101

Should be done during veg, before flowering or?

So far i only learned LST, and still venturing into lollipopping.
This thread seems to be interesting, im going to start my second grow in few weeks times.

So , just pinch make it like bent like this below ( googled em for more info ) and that's all? Do i need to tie em or something?
Inner-Cropping-2.jpg

This works great just don't break it! Seeing how this white widow does will be taking clones off her if she does well.

Day 33 from seed
15784057941024659572329975215982.jpg
15784076368019096519753160200093.jpg

Starting early is a big thing. Plants will respond better before the stem starts to harden up. This happens at different times for different strains. Plant start to harden up soon after being switched to HID lights in my case.

Another trick that helps when bending. After you have tie down on the plant. Don't just pull it over. Help the bend along by starting to bend it lower on the plant with your fingers as you pull the top of the plant over. You need to do this with the thicker stalked strains.

Even when a branch folds over it will still do fine in lots of case's. Sometimes it will really slow the growth to that part of the plant but they keep growing. If all goes horribly wrong then you have only topped your plant or branch. It those case's all that is needed to get back to where you need to be is a little more growth time. You need to remember. If a plant can no longer send energy to one part of the plant. It will reroute all that energy to what is left of the plant. In most case's less branches equate to bigger buds on the branches that are left. It all revolves around the strains growth pattern. Strains with lots of golf ball sized buds will need more branches to do well than say a Kush with fat colas will. I have found 6 to 8 tops work best for the way I do things.

And if when bending a thicker or a woody stalk/stem it snaps and is just hanging there by a couple of strands of hemp fiber then cut if off. Stick the piece into a glass of water or a favorite soil mix and maybe it will root. I have found it works often enough to be worth the extra effort and time. This might not work for an auto-flower that is getting close to starting to show pistils or flowers.

Very true. I have not had anything like that happen. Turning what breaks off into a clone is a perfect idea. Like I mentioned. Even mistakes at this point can be turned around into your favor.

One thing to mention. After you have pinched and bent the stalk. Lots of lower growth is going to start taking off. At times you may need to pinch or super crop the main stem again. Some plants will start to bush out then the main stalk take's over all the energy again. In most cases they will start bushing out again.

Some plants are never going to do well with this treatment. I am thinking about topping the plants to see what happens. I still need to re-pot into 3 gallon pots. If I do it it will be then.

I noticed something interesting yesterday when bending Clown Royal. Right at the top where I bent it. It is has started showing polyplodal tendencies. You can see where it went to 3 sets of leaves at the top after only having 2 up to that point.
My Rockstar started doing that from the 4th set up, that's before I bent her over, and her little sister is doing the same, but she is way slower growing and started growing 2 main stems, both are growing sets of 3.
20200205_022641.jpg
20200209_110745.jpg
I hated to do it but had to be done, I cut 2 clones off her today and tied her down.
20200209_120904.jpg
Same age 20200209_121429.jpg20200209_121620.jpg
I've read that rockstar is a great strain for SOG, so I will get more clones from her and give it a try, I like the bending method, just started doing it to my other plants a few weekends ago, getting lots of tops growing now.

My Rockstar started doing that from the 4th set up, that's before I bent her over, and her little sister is doing the same, but she is way slower growing and started growing 2 main stems, both are growing sets of 3.
20200205_022641.jpg
20200209_110745.jpg
I hated to do it but had to be done, I cut 2 clones off her today and tied her down.
20200209_120904.jpg
Same age 20200209_121429.jpg20200209_121620.jpg
I've read that rockstar is a great strain for SOG, so I will get more clones from her and give it a try, I like the bending method, just started doing it to my other plants a few weekends ago, getting lots of tops growing now.
I should mention that both are from feminized seeds, Native Seed Co.

I get lots of branches that like to do it. Rarely do I find a whole plant that does it. They can be great plants in some case's. The weed has to be good to start LOL. It can help bulk up buds some. Unlike the buds that grow into one huge ugly wide bud that is all stem. This trait just adds a extra branches where they can be used.

I get lots of branches that like to do it. Rarely do I find a whole plant that does it. They can be great plants in some case's. The weed has to be good to start LOL. It can help bulk up buds some. Unlike the buds that grow into one huge ugly wide bud that is all stem. This trait just adds a extra branches where they can be used.
Yup after all this I hope it's good smoke lol

Back
Top Bottom