Best light to use for cabinet closet grow..

2 x 4 x 8 high so 8 square feet at 64 cubic feet of area not counting the sapce the lights take up and such.

For flower what is the best light recommended for this type of setup. I'd lke remote ballast to help keep some heat out of the area.

Would a 400 what hps be sufficient for good yeild and keep heat from getting too ridiculous. I'm not opposed to getting a cool reflector and fan duct work.

How much would a decent fan like that run and would I need a hug one for this small of an area?

McBudz

Your cabinet sounds similar in size as the one that I built. Mine is 2x3x5. I am using a 400 watt HPS for the entire grow with good results. Just be sure that you have plenty of venilation. I built a cool tube and adapted a blower that I found at Wally World to keep the temps down. Look at the pics that I have posted on my cabinet to give you some ideas on what you can do. It's not that hard. Only your imagination is you limit.

just got 2 x 400 watt Lumatek MH/HPS Electronic Ballast with socket assembly, Arctic Sun Air-cooled reflector and high output HPS bulb.

I only need to get the fan and duct work.

My bag seeds are doing amazingly well. They already stink at 2 weeks. Got my Maui Waui, NL Big Bud and Hindu Kush yesterday. Starting germinating 5 of each.. Thats about 36 plants if all the seeds sprout. That closet is going to be a friggin jungle of goodness. Guessing half will be male I should have good room for 18 or so plants to go about 3' before flowering.

I think I need anoth nova t55 floro. It does so well but I don't feel its well built. One of the clips busted that hold the bulb i had to tie strap.

I might be able to get a replacement from them

Back
Top Bottom