Best lighting for small super stealth cabinet

420fome2

420 Member
I luv this forum! I have learned so much in a short time. Ok here's what im working with. I built a small super stealth cabinet, 2'x2'x3' high. I have an experimental bag seed plant that will not die, growing now..with maybe 2 weeks left of flowering. Ive learned from a few mistakes but i think its going well considering. Right now im using a homemade chandelier type thing with 6 27 watt cfls..plus 2 around the sides. For my next grow..Im gonna be trying out some lowryder 2 seeds. Ill be using "perfect pots" for those..im starting out with 2. The pots are approx. 9" high. which gives me only 37" of headroom to work with. Is it worth it to try a 250 watt hps combo light? or just use my cfls?? I have an inline 4" exhaust fan..plus an intake fan..so heat wont be an issue..its the height that im trying to get the most out of. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :peace:

ok..gonna try sum pics.
the setup..1st thing I learned..use a smaller pot for smaller space..lol
grl1207h.jpg

DSCF1573.JPG

Ive got this beast strangled down to the max..wish i had more headroom to work with..
DSCF1571.JPG

some budz..
DSCF1560.JPG

DSCF1558.JPG

If your cabinet is 3' high and your pots are 9" high wouldn't that only leave you with 27" to work with? I'm not sure how deep a 250 watt HPS reflector is. I would imagine it's atleast 6". that would leave you with 21". Your reflector shouldn't be touching your ceiling, so that takes another 2" which leaves you with 19". Now you can't have your light to close to your plants. A 250 should probally be atleast 12 inches away from the top of your plants. Now you have 7" of growing space if your lucky. I would stick to fluoros for that setup. Maybe get yourself a nice 2' 4 bulb T5 fixture.

If your cabinet is 3' high and your pots are 9" high wouldn't that only leave you with 27" to work with? I'm not sure how deep a 250 watt HPS reflector is. I would imagine it's atleast 6". that would leave you with 21". Your reflector shouldn't be touching your ceiling, so that takes another 2" which leaves you with 19". Now you can't have your light to close to your plants. A 250 should probally be atleast 12 inches away from the top of your plants. Now you have 7" of growing space if your lucky. I would stick to fluoros for that setup. Maybe get yourself a nice 2' 4 bulb T5 fixture.
yer right..bad math..yup i would only have 27" to work with..ya think that would give me more lumens with a t5 light? or maybe a combo of t5 & cfl's?

How many plants are in that pot?

Just one.. ive tied and trimmed & basically abused this beast from the beginning..kinda experimenting with the space i have. I think im pretty close..gonna try loading sum pics. Any input is greatly appreciated.
DSCF1823.JPG

DSCF1830.JPG

DSCF1835.JPG

DSCF1838.JPG

DSCF1842.JPG

DSCF1845.JPG

DSCF1848.JPG

DSCF1852.JPG

:peace:

I would use a 400 watt swithable, and pack that full of 1 gallon cont. flower them out a 6-8 inches tall. Make sure to top them atleast once for higher yield.:rollit:

started from seed..jus threw it in a pot outside..it sprouted sometime around 10/4/08 then brought it inside & built a cabinet around it..cuz i didnt wanna kill it. Its been flowering under 12/12 since 11/16..im gonna cut it down soon and start on some lowryders..which i think will be perfect for the space..gonna use cfl's...then maybe switch to a 8 light t5..and cfls

I would use a 400 watt swithable, and pack that full of 1 gallon cont. flower them out a 6-8 inches tall. Make sure to top them atleast once for higher yield.:rollit:
ill check on that...i dont think i have enough height for that tho...but for sure next time im goin with smaller pots. ive got 4 "perfect pots"..which are 1 to 2 gal..i think.:peace:

started from seed..jus threw it in a pot outside..it sprouted sometime around 10/4/08 then brought it inside & built a cabinet around it..cuz i didnt wanna kill it. Its been flowering under 12/12 since 11/16..im gonna cut it down soon and start on some lowryders..which i think will be perfect for the space..gonna use cfl's...then maybe switch to a 8 light t5..and cfls

The yield may be small. but, by the grace of god, a grower was born. Awesome. :grinjoint:

The yield may be small. but, by the grace of god, a grower was born. Awesome. :grinjoint:

THANK GOD there are still ppl wanting to grow and trying to grow their own medicine, you have the gift from god, use it wisely now!! It just takes time to get good, it's a process i've been growing for a coulpe of years like 4 years or so and i am still learning new stuff everyday i go in the garden or go online to here but dont worry, be happy with wat you got most ppl cant even do wat you did and make it work so CONGRATS and Happy Gardening to ya, take care of that beautiful plant, and take care of yourself!!!! STAY BLAZED!!!

Either you pruned the shit out of her or she didn't grow any fan leaves. All I see are 1 fingered flowering leaves and a few 3 fingered veg leaves but no big fan leaves. Am I correct?
I pruned the shit outta her..hehe. Hey..Im learning here:smokin:
As big as this plant was getting & quickly. I started tying and cuttin it back..it still lived...lol. But yeah..im better prepared for next time..but I think I may get a few choice budz off this one.:peace:

THANK GOD there are still ppl wanting to grow and trying to grow their own medicine, you have the gift from god, use it wisely now!! It just takes time to get good, it's a process i've been growing for a coulpe of years like 4 years or so and i am still learning new stuff everyday i go in the garden or go online to here but dont worry, be happy with wat you got most ppl cant even do wat you did and make it work so CONGRATS and Happy Gardening to ya, take care of that beautiful plant, and take care of yourself!!!! STAY BLAZED!!!
Thanks man..I appreciate it:peace:

Back
Top Bottom