Thanks for the help - Quick question

exi1ed

first time posting on these forums, wanted to thank everyone for the incredibly helpful, and accurate info i have learned on this site.
i am approaching the end of my first grow, i started a white widow(crop king) in December, im on week 6 of flower. i have learned alot off my first grow, the most important is the electricity bill is not worth growing 1 plant. the next is to keep that phosphorus up.
dont worry, photos coming soon, i do have a question for some pros out there: about building myself a carbon filter.
i have a cabinet custom built its 30'x3ft9x80', i have an in-line fan(6inch diameter). its not super powerful. i use mars hydro 2: 700w led light. do you think the fan i have will be sufficient to vent my box(heat has not been an issue), or do i need to get something incredibly powerful. i plan to sea of green my box on the next grow, and im in a 1 bedroom apartment, so odour is an issue. if anyone has info or a link with info that would be awesome.

Hi you should have a fan with at least 120 cfm ducted..not free flowing...that will change the air in the room 15 times an hour...you could probally run the fan about 70 cfm but you will need a speed controler for that..saves electric and the fan since it runs 24/7...happy growing

thank you for wicked fast respose! when you say ducted do you mean i should run ducts from above my lights? are the speed contollers absolutely needed? obviously in the long run yes, but can i vent without it right away?

What I mean by ducted cfm or not ratings..fans are rated different..here's a example..home depot sells a 4 in inline duct fan. It's rated on the box 70 cfm.but that's free flowing. .no duct work installed..now when you read the spec sheet the actual ducted cfm is 40..totally useless.you see the 70 and figure your good.then you get it all hooked up and say WTF this isn't doing anything.its trickery with the ratings..got to check it..just make sure your fan is up to the task or you'll be buying one twice..get a carbon filter for it you'll need it.suck out the top where the heat is..intake at the bottom for the cooler air..
No you don't need a speed controler but it's very useful to regulate heat and humidity. Want it cooler turn up the fan..hotter turn it down..acts like a thermostat. .hope I helped..

yes you did, i didnt fully understand everything, but thats what google is for, you gave me a lagit reserch point for what i didnt know. i appreciate you knowledge, you have helped me more then i hoped for. the fan i have will not work(not well), but at least i know so i dont waste time. thanks

Right that's what I was trying to have you avoid..wasting ur time..take it back find one that will work..
Good luck on ur grow..and if you need something just ask me..follow my grow journal. Just started it..lot of good info in there..
HAPPY GROWING

Back
Top Bottom