Quick question

50cal

I was wondering if i were to put a plant in the budding room under a 1000w hps thats in veg while they light is on for th 12 hr then back in the veg room after

Would it be harmful or helpful

im trying to get the plants to grow big faster

does anybody know if this would be a good way to grow faster

any real info, not guessing is welcome thanks

I was wondering if i were to put a plant in the budding room under a 1000w hps thats in veg while they light is on for th 12 hr then back in the veg room after

I am not sure of your question. Do you mean that you are interested in moving the plant into a 12/12 HPS environment then move back to the 18/6 (or 24/0) environment EACH day, or do you mean that you are thinking about taking a plant that is in Veg. and switching it to flower, then switching it back to Veg.? If this is the case, the switching will slow you down not accelerate the growth in that each switch will put the plant into a "shock" mode while it acclimates (transitions) to the new light cycles. This method is for those that want two harvests and can THEORETICALLY be continued on and on, ad infinatum.
If the moving from MH into HPS then back to MH on a DAILY basis is what you seek, it certainly won't hurt but it is doubtful if it'll make any difference. That would also be a lot of work, depending...
My Veg'ing plants receive 18 hours MH daily with a "high noon" supplement of HPS for 4 hours up the middle. It has shown great significance as I usually see explosive growth every day, and rationalize the added expense because of it. I use a "Growzilla" reflector (Hydro Farm) which has two light bulb sockets, requires two ballasts and produces some extensive and troublesome heat too. I build most of my equipment, so the 2 ballasts are in one box. I use a "computer" style fan (120V) in the ballast box, otherwise I'm sure it would melt down.

Ok, if i understand.
you want to move your plant out from under what ever veg lighting you are using??? to your 1000 watt HPS area when its on and running.

what are your veg lights?? If you are coming from non HID lighting, some people do move them to help the plant get use to the stronger light.

I believe its a sound idea! :goodjob:
It just means setting an alarm, and moving it. witch can screw things up if you forget.
I have my flour area next to my veg, they share the light during the day, i close the closet at night.
kind of the same thing as you describe. but i move a partition wall instead of the whole plant.

will try post current grow, two weeks in two flour.
Hope this helps some one!! well off to my garden of Eden!!!!!! :peace:

It works, just keep the plants lower at first so they can adjust to the more intense light. I works on autos to.

Back
Top Bottom