Quick question

drektus

420 Member
I'm not sure if this is the right section but I got a quick question. Will any 6 inch carbon filter work on any 6 inch inline duct fan(the fan is for exhaust I am using passive intake)? Also another question I have is do I need to have ducting for a carbon filter or can it just connect to the fan and it will work just like that? I am a newbie so go easy! :peace:

I'm not sure if this is the right section but I got a quick question. Will any 6 inch carbon filter work on any 6 inch inline duct fan(the fan is for exhaust I am using passive intake)? Also another question I have is do I need to have ducting for a carbon filter or can it just connect to the fan and it will work just like that? I am a newbie so go easy! :peace:

You need to make sure the CFM of the fan is appropriate for the CFM rating of the filter, keeping in mind you won't get the full CFM rating of the fan (deduct about 20% when you add the filter and more for any bends in the ducting!). Usually, the two will connect right up, assuming you've got the same size ducting (6" fan and 6" filter), but, you'll want to seal the connection with either duct tape or a "collar" they make specifically for that purpose.

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

K

I would like to know if I absolutely need ducting to use a carbon filter or if I can just mount the fan on the tent and connect the carbon filter and work it like that?

I would like to know if I absolutely need ducting to use a carbon filter or if I can just mount the fan on the tent and connect the carbon filter and work it like that?

I can pretty much guarantee you're going to need SOME ducting SOMEWHERE. Even if you connect the carbon scrubber directly to the fan, how are you going to vent the air out of the tent? ;)

I mean it is definitely in the budget so that is not a problem. Now for another question out of the blue. I see a lot of mixed opinions on miracle gro soil. What do you think about that stuff?

Back
Top Bottom