Exhaust Question

TechnicianGrower

Hey everybody how y'all are doing well. Still very new here to the site like it here. Anyways I have a question. I have a vivosun 48x24x 60 grow tent and I'm about to order a 4 inch exhaust fan. I know that carbon filters are for smell so I don't really need one. (Im a mmj patient) would I be fine just using a exhaust fan without the carbon filter and just run ducting out of the fan like normal? And maybe using some small inline fans to help? I know it's not a big fan just wondering if a carbon filter really is needed. I know some fans are made for a filter to be added so it may stress the fan so wanting some imput thanks everybody

Guessing the measurements are in inches a 4 inch fan is just fan for extraction.

How ever a tent that size don't normally come with passive vents.... but you might get one or two small ports for wiring at best...

Mmm what's ya intake like ?

Plants need to breath intake / extract :green_heart:

If you do not need filter then I would not use it. The less restricted the longer fan will last. Also I would run some four or six inch fan ducting at one of the bottom ports for cool air intake air to come in from with a couple 90 degree bends to block light leaking in through ducting. I also recommend getting a fan controller they are cheap and allow you to make adjustments to really dial in your air movement.

As you say only for smell, join her up
Right on. So u think I'll be fine with just a exhaust man? I only need like 40cfms for my tent and
Guessing the measurements are in inches a 4 inch fan is just fan for extraction.

How ever a tent that size don't normally come with passive vents.... but you might get one or two small ports for wiring at best...

Mmm what's ya intake like ?

Plants need to breath intake / extract :green_heart:
It has two vents on bottom and one 6 inch outtake hole or two for the fan on top. It being a small tent like that i shouldnt need too many cfms. Would i be fine with just some inline fans?

Run your exhaust out the top with some 4 inch ducting and like CO Finest mentioned just run ducting in the bottom entry hole 6 inch i think you said, should not need a fan at the bottom just ducting plus a fan controller for exhaust fan.

Run your exhaust out the top with some 4 inch ducting and like CO Finest mentioned just run ducting in the bottom entry hole 6 inch i think you said, should not need a fan at the bottom just ducting plus a fan controller for exhaust fan.
I see what you mean now run the ducting from the fan out the top and put it through a hole in the bottom. Ya a fan speed controller will come in handy

Yes all you need at the bottom is a little piece of ducting, so your exhaust fan should suck air in from the bottom. you should see your tent walls suck in a bit, so now you will be getting some air exchange in the tent. :cool:

Right on. So u think I'll be fine with just a exhaust man? I only need like 40cfms for my tent and

It has two vents on bottom and one 6 inch outtake hole or two for the fan on top. It being a small tent like that i shouldnt need too many cfms. Would i be fine with just some inline fans?
I have the same tent running a pretty cool LED. I just shoved this in the center back 4" access

VIVOSUN 4 Inch Inline Duct Fan 100 CFM, HVAC Exhaust Ventilation Fan with Low Noise

1664575406934.png

my RH is 30's/40's with that and two clip ons (fans)

Back
Top Bottom